Sign in to follow this  
mrcash2009

Sahrani Radio - When Interviews Go Bad

Allright,  i felt it was time to react in this thread.

First of all i like what you are doing MrCash, but there is one point i want to discuss about.

As i am interviewing, i always tell my guests that they can make fun of me.

With this i try to create a possibility for humor during the conversation.  

What i never do, is make fun of my guests. unless we talked about that prior to the recording.

In your last video with Kingsley and Mike Melvin, i noted you started playing more with video.

Ofourse its cool to try to make stuff better, or more enjoyable but there was one thing i didnt like that much.

At the end, when we say 'bye' you hooked up some 'village people' lookalike person to the voice of Mike Melvin.

This is something that is bothering me.

In fact, i'm asking you to NOT make fun of my guests on a visual way.

Okey, we make mistakes with words during conversations, or sound goofy.

But when you depict someone as a (gay?! ) VillagePeople dude, i find that's its going too far.

Always leave a person his dignety (dont know how to explain this.)

The last thing we want at SahraniRadio, is that the people dont wanna be interviewed because there will be some spoof that makes a fool out of them.

I hope you understand what i mean, and respect that.

As last, keep on making fun of me or Loki.

i know we can take it, but we cant say the same about our guests.

Now... if anyone disagree's with my opinion on this, let me know.

im always open for suggestions/opinions from others.

cheers,

Jerry Hopper

Quote[/b] ]In fact, i'm asking you to NOT make fun of my guests on a visual way.
Quote[/b] ]some 'village people' lookalike person

Well first of all it wasnt depicting "him" as anything to be honest, I just literaly took some pictures lined them up with each version of "goodbye" and then that was the order in which it came out. in fact untill now (as true as im sitting here typing) I realised that its over his voice, where it was meant to be over a voice that was added from a childrens TV show (the other two inserted fake goodbyes).

PS that picture has been sat on my hard disk sent over to me from a friend who makes silly southpark pictures, that one is his friends face stuck on Knight Rider poster from the 70's ... stupid things realy ... nothing at all to do with "gay" etc (which is slanderous and in the current climate not a best accusation to make), its literaly a official released Knight Rider poster (realy I kid you not). I dragged it off the hard drive and shoved it into the sequence without any other thought than, "jesus thats a stupid picture of Micheal Knight in his pants, that will get a laugh".

I could expand on this, and point out that by accident while throwing audio around where mike breifly speaks it then overlays into the sounds of a hen ... now, am I suggesting Mikes a farm animal by that happening? Im just explaining about "actual intent" / personal offence and "creative accidents" .. two different things, and I can assure you this was an accident, honest band.gif I aslo have to point out I think mike is in this and says no more than 3 words if im correct.

Im a little worried that you have waited to respond and actualy posted this direct in the forum rather than a PM to be honest Jerry. Im cool that you guys were cool with it but right now it would read to anyone in this thread Ive gone out of my way to make a guest look "gay" as you say, its your show and you suggesting that would overide my point of view entirely, like that was fact.

Id just like to say that its completely false that I tried to do that, and if thats the view you have taken then its not good realy, not what I was aiming for at all  confused_o.gif .

Well anyways, I made a final one for a set of four and thats my lot, im thinking that things get read into a little too much on this and seeing as its come direct from you Jerry and its your baby then I will put this idea to bed and wont continue further, as I respect your position (or ive learned that humour is a fine line when doing things such as this and interpretation/translating it over). My reasons for that are in the end simply making them and leaving the guest out (which is cool) would end up them just being a "one trick pony" as they say in the UK and just a repeat spoof idea over and over, these cover that idea already when it comes to you guys, and im thankfull you were happy with it. It just seems the best idea to me to leave it as it is with these (plus the fact from now ive no time to try things anyways).

Sorry you saw it that way my friend, if you want me to remove that one then I can do so, again as I said before I have no issue with that. This last one was visual becuase it was about daydreaming and monty python based surreal things, just images of stupid things, nothing at all related to "sexual persuasion" in the slightest.

Well anyway as for this and anything else as I said to you before, this is all I wanted was 4 to balance it out, I wont make anything more now unless you guys aproach me about it and other things as spoken about.

Id just like to repeat I have full respect for you guys and the actual interviews, the latest one BTW was great thanks Mike.

So for any Sahrani Radio listeners and future guests reading this, I went with the idea and this is far enough me thinks, I certainly dont want it to be tarnished and looking like I created these for anything other than fun and humour and separate from the actual "real world" interviews you guys bring to the community. So anyway thanks for those who were cool with it plus Jerry & Loki.

Peace, Im out (with the spoofs idea).

The fact that i responded in the forum publicly, was to show the public that i am serious with my guests.

I dont want my future guests to deny my interview requests coz of the spoofs.

Which is something that might happen if i dont publicly disapprove that last movie spoof.

Not everybody is able to understand humour in their non-native language, and accident or not - some people may get wrong idea's.

But.....

No hard feelings bud, as i said before : the idea was really good, and the first spoofs were awesome.

btw: that chammy spoof with the 'rap' is my favorite smile_o.gif

I also have some idea's on some funny audio spoofs/ads/shows where your skills and humor would come in handy.

i'll get in touch with you about that in the near future.

Regards,

Jerry

Yeah, I saw the vids finally and I was rolling, I think what makes it funnier is to imagine or believe it as if it actually happened that way. Even watching them now makes me laugh still, specially the one with me hahahah, that will be in my favorites, but I probably should be laughing right now givin my condition of my stomach, I don't think it was salmonella poisoning but someplace close.

But I guess I can see Jerry's point when he interviews someone of another language other than English, depending on them they might shy away from further interviews or others . Maybe getting a permission statement later by them to make a spoof. Or Jerry can ask them before hand.

To be honest I think everyone sees everyone point on it and that's cool, lessons learned and maybe a different approach if it was ever done again, although helping in some way via the radio jingles isn't a problem.

As I said already to Jerry I got a job on right now thats taking the time so not visiting here as much currently but "its all good" as they say wink_o.gif

BTW Chammy I just PM's some audio based ramblings and I hope you gut clears up soon .... that's some nasty business you got going on there crazy_o.gif