Sign in to follow this  
soul_assassin

Sunken Tracks

I was wondering what mythical property governs the point at which the tracks touch the ground? my LandContact is good, i have the pasoffsetL/P and pasanimL/P all set up, even tried putting the geo lod abit below the tracks all no success, the tracks work and all but they go through the ground till the bottom of the wheels. What gives?

ran into this problem myself. just move the land contact points below the tracks. On our M60-2000 they are well below the tracks and looks odd in O2 but gets big bertha out of the ground

When you check the sample tank models, you can notice the damper verticles 0.15 underneath the tracks.

When you remove those verticles from the sample models, the tracks will sink into the ground.

I guess, BI intended to implement the dampers this way.

If you do not regard this, the tracks on a custom model sink into the ground.  whistle.gif

Also you may check the geoLOD of the sample models, having a ~0.4 gap to the ground. When your geoLOD touches the ground, even a little stone will stop your tank.

BR,

mike

p.s.: Another trick is included in the sample T-72 geoLOD. It seems that the center of mass is modified on the right and left track position. This way, the overall center of mass is closer to the ground, compared with the sample M1A1. I guess, this helps to prevent upside down turns when the T-72 makes a high speed corner. But this is only a guess.