Sign in to follow this  
theedge_jinx

Can't install 1.14

Uninstalled Arma. Deleted stuf left behind, including entire install dir, registry keys, profiles in my documents etc. etc.

Fresh install from the sprocket executable. So now I have 1.05 installed clean. Apply 1.08, works great. So then I try to install 1.14, it prompts me to select distribution. So I select sprocket online version.

Instantly I get this error:

"Error found in file CAMPAIGNS\ca.pbo (00000000!=00000001)"

Update 1.13-1.14\CAMPAIGNS\CA.PBO.UPD.#CZECHONLINE cannot be applied, error xdelta3 returned error code:1

WTF! Help!

Maybe try selecting your install directory instead? I didn't have the disc in the drive since the beta patches made it unneeded.

How do you mean, selecting my install directory instead?

It doesn't let me choose path or anything, just which version/distribution of ArmA I have.

I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue?

Anyone?

I can't believe I'm the only one with this issue?

Anyone?

I have the same problem.

For that reason, I´m running the 1.14 patch as a mod.

Is not the best way, but I can play the game both 1.08 and 1.14 versions.

I have sprocket 1.05 online english version and have no problems with 1.08 patch aswell.

I didn´t find a "sprocket idea version" of 1.14 and this website has no information about this problem.

Yeah it's so bad that they don't even check to see that their patches works on all distributions first. banghead.gif

What about that mod thing though, how did u manage to do that?

Instructions would be greatly appreciated.

If your only playing online delete the campaigns folder before you try to apply the 1.14 patch, worked for me when i had the same issue.

Actually I was hoping to give the SP campaign another go. So thats a no go. But I actually already tried your way. Renamed the campaigns folder and still it gave me the same error.

But please, more info on how to mod it together!

its gotta install or at least be extracted to a file before it can be added as a mod, just out of curiosity how many times have you tried to re-install it?

I would try again with a different downloaded mirror of 1.14 as i remember there were alot of issues like this when the patch first came out...

Also how are the Edge guys, remember you guys from the old HD2 days nener.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Yeah well, tried translating it to English with babelfish, but it's pretty much jibberish.

From what I can understand I still have to execute the 1.14 patch installer. And that is what fails.

I'm parallel to this having a support discussion with someone on the IDEA-games support and so far he's been giving me the lamest excuses to why it doesn't work... Like, "try downloading the patch again", and "try re-downloading the game, it is probably corrupt". Why would my game install fine if the install file was corrupted??...Will report back as that dialog progresses.

From what I can understand I still have to execute the 1.14 patch installer. And that is what fails.

It's no necessary to do that.

In that forum u can find a link for download a folder called @1.14 (look for "Descargar 1.14 como Mod" or "Descargar 1.14 como mod, mirror").

Just put it in Arma default folder like any other mod and after that make a direct access icon.

In Properties write this:

Destiny: C:\PROGRAM FILES\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\@1.14\arma1-14.exe" -mod=@1.14

Begins in: "C:\PROGRAM FILES\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA"

Forget about Sprocket, there is another thread about Sprocket support problems here at BI forums. I see no solution for that.

I hope BIS think in all distributions/versions in his new patch.

Woohooo!!

As this supportguy at idea-games suggested I redownloaded the game from sprocket. Funny thing is, this installation file was way bigger then my original one, and after initial installation I discover it is in fact version 1.08 with Queens Gambit included!

(My old installation file installed ArmA 1.05 only.)

I don't know if this was a mistake or he "gave" me this download as an apology for my inconvenience or something.

Any way, after initial installation, I execute the 1.14 patch and it just patches it as there were no tomorrow!

I'm now a happy kip!

But thanks guys for trying to help me out with my issues!