Sign in to follow this  
laggy

Can't get rid of OR save MP missions.

Hi all, I have 2 problems.

1. When I save my missions in the editor as: Export to multiplayer missions, they don't turn up at all in the ArmA MP missions folder. Not as PBOs or folders.

When I start the Multiplayer game though, they appear in the lists of missions to play... and they can be played.

They are not visible in any of the ArmA folders (user or original directory) and can therefore not be deleted. The effect is that I have a huge load of "the same" missions in my MP lists, after all the saves I've tried.

Now I can't get rid of them. What can I do?

2. The only way I can save and play my own MP missions is to copy the mission folder in the user missions and paste it in user MP missions. They then turn up as green text in the MP game menu.

If I want to make a PBO out of it, I have to use a PBO tool. What is happening?

Thanks in advance.

Laggy

When you save the mission as a MP mission, they do not get saved in your profile/MPMissions folder(s), they get saved in your ArmA/MPMissions folder where you installed the game.

Hi,

Ehh... no... that's what I tried to explain. My MP missions don't get saved in the ArmA MP missions folder "where I installed the game".

They are not visible anywhere (as folders or PBOs) except in the MP game menu, when you have created a server.

I'm really confused. All I know is that this mess started when I tried to rename mission folders, by changing name on the folder. I didn't put the %20 things (that are created when you name a mission through the editor) in the folder name. Maybe that screwed things up.

Laggy

It seems that you are on Vista, what handles a few things differently than XP or W2K.

Use the search function of Vista to locate any .pbo files on C:\ should point you to the used folder.

Edit: Run ArmA as an Admin, and don`t install it to where Vista want to have it at the setup procedure. That solves many issues that games have with Vista, or vice versa if you want. icon_rolleyes.gif