Sign in to follow this  
hamis

Ghost tank

I played first arma campaign mission and had this problem.I have replaced T72 with smurf_era one and in editor it works perfectly.But in this mission i saw tracks only. huh.gif

I really need help,problem seems to continue on further missions. help.gifhelp.gifhelp.gif

This sounds like you need support from the addon maker, which he or she may or may not provide. In order to continue playing, deactivate the mod.

The "ghost tank" effect is connected to a malfunction of the xeh-init function caused by other addons / mods.

Using ECS, you need the themis compatibility package to enable xeh functions in ECS.

We had discussed this while developing the ERA-"style" tank: Discussion thread

cheers,

mike

:edit: I have just discovered that this issue is connected to xeh 1.8 and ECS. Sorry, but no sollution for that effect at the moment. crazy_o.gif

wow_o.gif

Now I am a bit puzzled. I offered a replacement config for Badger's early T-90 versions repl-config thread. That version did not include xeh actions like number assignment or custom textures, because those features were not included in the early versions.

The replacement config should perform correct using the matching version of badger's T-90.

I don't use replacement configs,but replace everything permanently by original arma configs.

I don't use replacement configs,but replace everything permanently by original arma configs.

OK, but the smurf_era needs at least one setObjecTexture to assign the texture.

You may implement it by using the standard eventhandler init or the xeh init, like implemented in the smurf_era config.

If no texture is assigned, the default is transparent or in other words: a ghost tank.

You may alternatively assign a texture in O2 for the model's cust_co_1..3 areas in all LOD's plus gunnerview.

BR,

mike

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class EventHandlers

{

init = "test = [_this select 0, ""BIS""] execVM ""\T72_era_custom\textures.sqf"";";

How i should modify this,using this model smurfcT72ERA1?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">init = "[_this select 0,_this select 1] exec ""\RHS_T64\scripts\nummern.sqs"";";

You mean this?Yes,it works with t64's but i can't see how to use it with T72's.Maybe i'm hopeless with scripting stuff. sad_o.gif

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">init = "[_this select 0,_this select 1] exec ""\RHS_T64\scripts\nummern.sqs"";";

You mean this?Yes,it works with t64's but i can't see how to use it with T72's.Maybe i'm hopeless with scripting stuff. sad_o.gif

Correct location. Replace this instruction with this:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">init = "[_this select 0, ""BIS""] execVM ""\T72_era_custom\textures.sqf"";";

And integrate it to your location of the T72_era_custom including the eventhandler definition around the code section from RHS.

Just try it, scripting is not that difficult, but needed for some addons.

I hope it works huh.gif

Thanks Mike.It might take few days to test this in missions. smile_o.gif