Sign in to follow this  
Rikus

I´m Not Stupid

Thank you for ArmA, it's awesome and I love it and love you all for loving it and letting me love you all for loving it the way I love it and you, much love Rikus.

Thanks for sharing your feelings with us thumbs-up.gif

Seriously, you buy a game for hmm lets say 50$, Eur whatever you received several patches that improved the game in as good as all aspects and is playable without problems ( not counting a few minor bugs that dont affect gameplay that much ).

So erm, what else do you want?

Ive seen a lot other games that had not such a support like ArmA or even noone at all even from Top of the line publishers.

But hey, no hard feelings, OFP2 will come and be the ultimate war sim smile_o.gif

Personally i think i will buy both games but from what i have seen so far my money is on ArmA2... well see.

Rikus you have a game and it works. works fine for me and thousands of other people.

Community yaps arma take to long they release it- buggy- but fix with patches.

Arma 2 - probably will be buggy abit but its all new islands/vehicles etc etc more features.

You may not consider yourself stupid, but making a thread this stupid doesnt do you any favours.

goodnight.gif

Lets see it that way as a little sorry for the not so perfect ArmA1 you get countless units and vehicles and a completely overhauled game that has a re-play value that 90% of the other games in the market will never reach.

Thank for the constructive and argumented input.

You obviously played Arma a lot lately and discovered that 1.14 is running very well on most configs, and that the game is actually a very nice experience ever since 1.08. Unless you have an officially unsupported platform...

You also noticed that you paid probably almost 50% less than games like CoD4 which had only a few hours of gameplay, and can still play countless hours with arma, 2 years after its out.

So, in a sense, BIS already made a low price for Arma 1.

You already realized that BIS publicly said (before launch) that Arma was meant to be an interim game, sort of OFP 1.5, before the true sequel : Arma 2.

So in a sense : Arma 1 was meant to be what it was (a few bugs apart, granted, but they're mostly sorted), and Arma 2 is actually meant to be what you wanted.

At the moment, OFP2 is little more than a choppy prototype with good marketing and it's really hard to look at it with good eyes if you don't want to be blinded by the browny/bloomy/oversaturated/low-rez public pictures. At current state it looks in many ways "worse" than Arma 1.

Not to say it won't be great in the end, but some people are projecting way to much expectations on way too little at the moment.

However, if you post is a subtle attempt to try and get a discount coupon for buying Arma2 - good try. I want one too, so that I can buy more copies !

Well. Nobody urges you to buy it. After the community reactions on the GC, it doesn't look like A2 has to be sold cheap...

Closing.