Sign in to follow this  
popcorn

How can I get the AI aircraft to fly higher up?

Hey guys!

I have a problem...

Everybody who has played the Winter Kolgujev map knows that there's A LOT of trees, and the AI seems to fly straight into those trees, so my question is, is it possible to have the AI fly at a higher altitude?

This would be nice:

The AI enters the aircraft and starts the motors.

The chopper lifts from the ground and goes up to maybe 500m altitude, then starts flying somewhere.

When the chopper is at the right place, it goes down to drop/pick up troops, then goes up to 500m altitude and fly's away.

Possible? How?

Try the FlyInHeight command:

Plane Flyinheight X;

X - Height in meters.

You can use it in the Init field or in a trigger/waypoint

Try the FlyInHeight command:

Plane Flyinheight X;

X - Height in meters.

You can use it in the Init field or in a trigger/waypoint

It doesn't seem to be working for me...

I put "Plane Flyinheight 500;" without the quotes in the init field, but it didn't fly higher. I tried to put it in a way point but still no luck.

I also tried 200m instead of 500, and that also did not work.

sad_o.gif

edit: It works! I tried "this flyInHeight 200;" instead and it worked! thumbs-up.gif

you have to name the helicopter you want to fly in a different height. then the "plane" is the name of the helicopter.

If you want to set AI planes at 1000m altitude

put this in your AI unit int blank:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setPos [(getPos this select 0),(getPos this select 1),1000]

and 500m is

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setPos [(getPos this select 0),(getPos this select 1),500]

and also active them

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">plane1 Flyinheight 500 someting like that, put that in waypoint maybe works fine.

Those commands will work for a little while, but the plane will soon change it's mind during attack runs and fly into the ground again.

Where is the code in the ArmA files that determines flyinheight altitudes?

i wish there were "climb up/down" radio commands , whenever you press radio 01, (movement-navigation)