Sign in to follow this  
tedbell

Singleplayer save?

Warfare! I thought Evolution was crack until I tried WARFARE! This mode is just fantastic, and with the mutations that are getting released it looks like it is just getting started.

I like playing singleplayer with this mode - is there a way to save the current progress of the game? A snapshot of where everything is so that I can spend a few days taking over the whole island? Would the scripts need to be tweaked like Kronzky did for Evolution 1.0?

thanks

I JUST signed up to ask the same question.

I've been trying to find the game code to actually initiate a save, I have a save and load button in the Support options" menu for ADV warfare (needed something to base it off) but I have no idea where to point the save and load too.

Additionally, I found that you can "shift" + "-" SAVEGAME and it activates savegame in SP. But there is no such thing for loading... just a funny tidbit.

Under XXXXX's documents/ArmA there IS a multiplayer save folder, just no way to use it.

If I knew where the in game menu GUI and associated scripts were it would be a piece of cake, but I THINK the in game menu and save/load codes are built into the game engine, therefor un accessible.

If you load warfare in single player, loading the game after a save gives a huge string of errors, but I kept playing for about an hour and it was still working fine. You just cant respawn in SP.

So, to add to this question, does anyone here know of a way already, as ted asked, or do you have any ideas on where the save/load code is, and IN GAME menu.

And I may need a bit of help, as I haven't "coded/modded" a game this much since C&C generals. Not much, but just be warned if you say something funky, I will most likely ask you what it is.

I know there is a script to handle player death and you can replace it with a respawn script, but I don't know all the hurdles Kronzky went through with converting the EVO script, so who knows what it will take...

onPlayerKilled.sqs handles your death

Currently this is not possible for Multiplayer missions, that I have seen. If you guys happen to come across a solution, please let us all know.

Good luck ta all.

I'm not sure on this one but I think I remember seeing someone release a way to link ArmA to an SQL database or something along those lines. It sounds like a lot of work- but definately not impossible.

yes it would really be great, especially in warfare or long coop missions.

I hope arma2 will have it.

Good news! Arma2 will continue Warfare and there is a coop mode which will save the game state to the server! This info is from a tiscali games review by Warlock...

------------ more warfare!!!!

On the multiplayer question Maruk answered: "We are concentrating on 2 game modes. We want quality not quantity“. Those two are: Conquer the island, where two groups of players are gradually conquering areas, for each conquered area they are rewarded with money/credits. Every team has it’s leader which can manipulate with those credits. For those credits he can buy new vehicles or he can build factories.

It looks like very interesting mix of FPS and RTS, as a proof of the popularity of this mix we can mention Half-Life mod: Natural Selection or a unofficial modification in Operation Flashpoint. BIS are currently working with its creators on improvements. Of course matches in this game mode will be long and they will be hours long.

------------saving to server

Second game mode is something like the SP campaign in multiplayer. It will be a cooperation of players counter AI. BIS is trying to rework the whole SP Campaign or at least most of the tasks from it to the multiplayer campaign. The Important thing is that the game will be saving all changes in game world and all completed task to the server. So you can continue later.

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=1427

it doesnt mention Warfare at all actually, only CTI which is not the same thing and will be played as PvP, not coop. The only coop style they mention here is being able to play the SP campaign in a multiplayer environment.

...would be interesting to hear some official word from BIS whether or not they plan on including a new revamped Warfare mode in Arma2 and what new features they might have planned for it if anything.

I think if it will be possible to save in multiplayer campaigne, why shouldn't it be possible in warfare .... but ...

I think if it will be possible to save in multiplayer campaigne, why shouldn't it be possible in warfare ....  but ...

probably because there are ALOT more variables (and scripting) going on behind the scene in the Warfare mission as compared to a typical campaign mission...more moving parts to the machine means more chance its going to break, especially after a "save".

But I agree, Warfare needs a "save" ability for both SP AND MP sessions...and so does MP Evolution for that matter (at least Evo has a SP version which ive played previously).

Well I will keep hoping that they make Warfare like it is in ArmA and include a save feature. It's not that hard... well scratch that, it is hard, but its POSSIBLE.

The videos from armabase.de, which were shot at GC2008, indicate that Warfare - for both singleplayer and multiplayer - will be a major component of ArmA2!

Watch those vids and check it out - Marek gives some details, but its hard to hear with all of the other ambient noise at the convention.

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=3790

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=3785

http://www.armaholic.com/index.php?m=single&id=3780