Sign in to follow this  
twisted

introducing suppression effect

i've been playing insurgency a little. great mod but the maps are a bit small but real fun to play.

anyway, could someone point me in the right direction in how to add a shake or blur effect to arma in response to an event happening in close proximity to the player.

for example - if a grenade goes off close by it woul dbe nice to get the screen blurry a bit and maybe a bit shakey/wobbly.

is this possible in arma?

hmmm. so from the lack of replies i guess not. Pity, as right now soldiers are impervious to being shot, grenades, etc.

After playing INS with it's suppression effects I felt that such things would add a tactical element in Arma in inducing the discomfort of being shot at for players.

Blurry, not possible, shakey, I'm not sure. Check the XAM mod, they have some nice effects in that direction.

thanks for the reply mate - will check that mod out.

i was looking through the wiki and saw the camSetFocus kind of command. wonder if that could be activated in game temporarily and then returned to normal -that might give a temp blurry effect if it can be invoked ingame and not just in cut-scenes.