Sign in to follow this  
SpaceAlex

Explosions too strong

Explosion of any vehicle can do major damage to the vehicle or even destroy the vehicle close to the exploded vehicle.

I placed 5 BMP's together. I fired one rocket from my apache into the BMP. When BMP exploded, another one exploded soon after the first one, then another one, then another one and so on. All BMP's were destroyed. All 5.

The same happens if you're fireing with an abrmas. You'll be damaged if you'll destroy the vehicle 2 or more metres away from your tank.

I think u understand what i mean? confused.gif Explosions are just too strong. mad.gif

Same here.

As soon as I saw that fix, I went out and got myself some satchel charges, placed i tunder Abrams, and place a jeep in front of Abrams.

When charges went off, M1A1 was thrusted in front of jeep, and later, when it exploded, jeep got destroyed...

My suggestion is that BIS adjust vales of destruction radius.

Hmm, consider that a fully loaded Abrams has around 100 shells in it's cargo. When they go off, the tank is turned into a collosal handgrenade.

I'm sure, if 1 HEAT shell shot can set a BMP on fire, then why not 100 shells exploding 20 meters away?

And that is not even considering the half-a-ton of fuel in the thing. O-boy. wow.gif

which leads me into a feature I'd really like to see. vehicles burning randomly after explosions smile.gif

I agree. You do not want to be around when an armoured vehicle fully laden with weapons 'brews up'

BIG explosions can take place

yes burning would be cool, but all that smoke wouldnt help lower end systems like mine biggrin.gif cope...

You know, i was thinking about this possibility before i even created this topic, but this explosions are a little too deadly. U can destroy a chopper and every APC around will be destroyed. I'm not talking about 10 metres, but 60 metres. Hm. There's another way. Fully armed vehicle explosions should be more deadly than the explosions in the empty vehicle. Ok, i don't think that's possible anyway. I'm just talking crap.

Ah. It doesn't bother me so much anyway. biggrin.gif

Just another pointless topic made by me. sad.gif

A sweet detail is, if the tank has 0 fuel and ammo, it will not blow up at all. It will just crumble and smoke. Try it smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 03 2002,08:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Same here.

As soon as I saw that fix, I went out and got myself some satchel charges, placed i tunder Abrams, and place a jeep in front of Abrams.

When charges went off, M1A1 was thrusted in front of jeep, and later, when it exploded, jeep got destroyed...

My suggestion is that BIS adjust vales of destruction radius.<span id='postcolor'>

Nah, the explosion radii should stay where they're at - I think they're accurate. What should be altered is the vehicle damage modelling - some types of explosions aren't going to hurt armored vehicles very much, unless it's from a direct hit. But with vehicles having a hit point system instead, you get strange results like Space Alex mentioned.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">A sweet detail is, if the tank has 0 fuel and ammo, it will not blow up at all. It will just crumble and smoke. Try it <span id='postcolor'>

If you will play with this even more, you will realize that explosion strengh depends on what is inside the exploding vehicle. The tank that is nearly out of ammo will do very little harm to its surroundings.

On the other hand ammo crates fully loaded with LAWs and Satchels can be quite dangerous.

Can we also create a nice little sylvester firework with 50 flares in the ammo crate? biggrin.gif

Actually... the abrams don't really explode like a huge firework.. they have panels that vent explosions in different directions away from the crew... ammo could blow up, but crew survives..

Russina tanks (older) turn into a huge grenade... but the US has seen fit to 'fix' that little battlefield problem wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Roundboy @ Mar. 04 2002,17:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Actually... the abrams don't really explode like a huge firework..  they have panels that vent explosions in different directions away from the crew... ammo could blow up, but crew survives..

Russina tanks (older) turn into a huge grenade... but the US has seen fit to 'fix' that little battlefield problem wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sure, so the ammo explodes outwards instead of inwards with the Abrams. It must, as it has to explode in some direction. But that is also what happens in OFP right? It explodes outwards and kills the poor souls outside.

Suma, I gotta try those ammo crates right away, ha!

Really a neat detail - it also opens for new mission possibilities.

I tried the following:

put Ammo crate 2, west,

place Abrams on it

place a satchel charge next to ammo crate

*boom*

result:

you can go into abrams, but status is red for both tracks, and orange for mainbody and turret.