Sign in to follow this  
BLSmith2112

Warfare 1.1 ADV North [Victor]

123123123123uu5.jpg

Alright folks, my 1.0 version of Northern Warfare is finally done.

b_download.gif

Download (Link)

This mission's goal is to create a new experience in the popular Warfare mission. The mission aims to take full advantage of Chris's ADV version of Warfare by eliminating supply trucks and the constraint they pose towards control points not near roads. This mission takes place in the far reaches of northern Sahrani and gives this gives players a perspective not yet experienced in this mission. For the full list of Chris's changes I invite you to check his

forum thread out in the Warfare section. This mission provides so many changes I don't know where to begin. From view distance changes to hitching vehicles, advanced tactical AI, AI point sharing, custom loadouts for your own AI, a support menu, AI air teams, and much more. I hope you all enjoy.

Some information

-There are no supply trucks, you take the towns and that's it.

-If you start close to a few towns, the resistance is less in number and the towns are worth less.

-If you start far away from towns, the resistance much higher in number and the towns are worth more.

--So you don't have to worry "Oh man why did we start way out here so far from a town?!"

-If you want to play this and don't have a dedicated server, Karrillion's is currently hosting this (my signature).

-- The server also hosts up to the minute updated versions of the map that I may wait to release here.

No addons required.

This mission is an edit from Chris/Slacker's original ADV Warfare 1.0.

Mission is now finished.

Changelog from .9 to 1.0

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1. Fixed fast travel issues & errors with Bagango

2. Added: AI easy bridge crossing from Chris's ADV Warfare.

3. Added: New starting positions to ensure fairness.

4. Added: Repair/Refuel/Rearm vehicles at the airports.

5. Added: Help menu changes & small briefing changes.

6. Fixed: Numerous camp misplacements and odd angles.

7. Fixed: MG Bunkers not appearing in some towns.

8. Fixed: Correct starting supply for towns depending on their size.

----Small/Medium towns both offered 10 supply. This is fixed.

9. Added: New Airfields.

10. Moved: Old Airfield.

11. Moved Bagango depot 90' so vehicles and infantry spawn correctly.

12. 22 other small changes to ensure less errors and fair/balanced gameplay.

I hope the mission proves to be a success and I hope players enjoy the mission. I will be making a 16 player version soon.

More support will be added to this mission to ensure any bugs that do arrive are taken care of.

-Main post has been updated with the new mission file.

since i have an old pc, but have been wanting a northern only version of warfare id love to see this on a northern sarhani map...i wonder why a (northern only) version of sarhani has never been released by anyone?

Cheers - hopefully I will meet you on your server playing it. smile_o.gif

I've got a new one on the server that I'm currently playing with. It's got a few dozen small fixes and other tiny things fixed.

The main thing now is to try and figure out how to have the supply number over the individual towns you take like "30/120". Since the mission is based off of ADV Warfare I'm not sure if that mission supports it ether... but one of my towns shows it while the rest dont. Mysteries are always fun  wink_o.gif

Cheers Victor - enjoyed playing this...the different and more restrictive terrain was refreshing after playing endless Warfare on South Sahrani smile_o.gif

I'll admit I was sceptical about removing the AI-controlled supply trucks, but actually it turned out that the game seemed improved by the reduced income and the fact that I could only rarely afford the more expensive vehicles.

A couple of complaints:

1) Some of the camps/bases were very strangely placed - especially the ones that seem to have sunk inot the ground!

2) Too many AA soldiers. All the East infantry we were fighting against seemed to be AA guys, later on.

I'll check into the AA soldier thing. Also, some of the camps are really out of place but I have fixed many displacements in the 1.1 version I'm currently working on. The most current version is on 'Karrillions Bootcamp USA' server (Its the 1.1 version with a bunch of fixes) but was hoping to have a few more camp displacement fixes before I threw it up on the forums here. The 1.1 version also fixes 1 single fast travel fluke that prohibited fast travel from Tandag to Carmen.

I've been prepping for next semester (college) this week but once school finally starts rolling I should have some time to work on the fun little details.