Sign in to follow this  
nzdfcrash

NZDF UH1 model help

Howdy guys

Ritter whom is working on a uh1h for the nzdf mod has come across a problem with his model which im unable to help with for his query.

the model has an exterior and an interior, when you look from the outside through the windows the interior has parts that done show up and you can see the ground on the other side,

does anyone know how to fix this??

problem.jpg

it only happens when you view from the outside.

assuming the windows have 'glass' in then its just an alpha layering problem. Just cut and paste (in one go) the glass portions of the model and it should fix this problem.

Guest RKSL-Rock

Or do it properly rofl.gif and just:

1 - In the resources window expand the Current LoD section

2 - Expand the Textures tree

3 - Right click on the Glass texture name eg Glass_ca.paa and click "select in object". The glass will be highlighted in red.

4 - From the "Faces" menu, select "move to top". This will move the all the glass faces to the top of the alpha stack making everything below is visible.

If you use Messiah's cut and paste method; you may find that you end up losing faces form the model that the glass shares vertices with.

meh, minor technicality tounge2.gif, both methods work (besides when you've decided to share vertices - I never 'attach' glass to the model, I leave it floating (mainly because everything I've made never has the glass flush with the sides so I have no need to) so this is the method that works for me.

Or do it properly rofl.gif and just:

1 - In the resources window expand the Current LoD section

2 - Expand the Textures tree

3 - Right click on the Glass texture name eg Glass_ca.paa and click "select in object". The glass will be highlighted in red.

4 - From the "Faces" menu, select "move to top". This will move the all the glass faces to the top of the alpha stack making everything below is visible.

If you use Messiah's cut and paste method; you may find that you end up losing faces form the model that the glass shares vertices with.

Or even just go Faces -> Sort, is also quite effective at sorting such issues smile_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Or even just go Faces -> Sort, is also quite effective at sorting such issues smile_o.gif

That doesnt seem to work for me. It either often crashes or makes the glass opaque/screws with the mapping. I've no idea why but buldozer and O2 have recently become very unstable.

I had the same problem when explaining it to da12thmonkey. The sort and sort alpha functions on PE edition seem to be a little hap-hazard if they wish to work or not.

While you're at it you could also reduce section count. From the fact you got the bug I can tell you have at least one extra section in your model.

And yeah, do not teach people walkarounds you use if the normal method is better. :/

Sort alpha in my experience multiplied the section count. I think this function is broken.

Strange, works fine for me, and I use it almost daily...

Edit to clarify: I'm talking about Faces -> Sort and NOT Faces -> Sort Alpha.

Sort Alpha is indeed buggered and does nasty things to your model.

I had the same problem when explaining it to da12thmonkey. The sort and sort alpha functions on PE edition seem to be a little hap-hazard if they wish to work or not.

Only 'sort alpha' buggered up O2 for me mate. Just like DM says.

On the other hand 'sort faces' doesn't seem to cause me any serious problems. However, when I used it on someone else's model to sort out the section count (which is what you were teaching me when 'sort alpha' caused the strife), it created an alpha sorting bug rather than getting rid of any: contrary to what DM said it'd do in here.

I used pretty much the same method as Rock's to sort it out.