Sign in to follow this  
colligpip

all friendly unless weapon

can anybody help. I want a script that makes all units friendly to everybody unless they have a weapon, but i don't want to have to use names in an array.

this is prob very simple i just dont know how to

The direction I'd try is to create a trigger, covering all your units, set to "Anybody Present". In the "On Activation" line, put some code like this (you may need to modify it some, I've not tested it:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{if (count weapons _x < 1) then {_x setCaptive true}} forEach thislist;

If you want it to update, you will have to set it up slightly differently, w/ a named trigger and something else that checks it. And that will still make them "hostile" if they have "Throw" or "Put", iirc.

thanks that got everything friendly

now i need to work out how to get units to only fire on other units that have weapons, ill try to fiddle with the triggers.

I suggest counting the weapons array returned by the "weapons" command:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/weapons

If zero, unarmed. If > zero, armed.

It may be more complicated than this though, if NVGs and Binoculars are considered weapons. You might have to add a little code to ignore those items when counting (or first remove them from the array via a "-" before counting the array).

If you solve this with a little script, post it, so the community can use it.