Sign in to follow this  
FABfm

To simulate a firing anti-aircraft cannon

Hello

I searched on this Forum, but I haven't seen anything concrete on the subject. Is there a way to simulate a firing anti-aircraft cannon?

I tried different ways, but none seems to work confused_o.gif :

- cameCreate ammo dosen't work

- createVehicle ammo with setdamage dosen't work

- createVehicle ammo with a collision object dosen't work

With createVehicle ammo, the charges explode when they ground tombs, only. A solution would be welcome. help.gif

Thank you for your interest

I'm not sure what you're trying to achieve here. Do you want a shilka firing in the sky? Then try the following.

Create a invisible helipad and place it in the sky using the setPos command. Give it a name and have the shilka target the helipad through a trigger and give it the command to fire. Should achieve what you want that way.

Good luck!

No, I do not want armoureds could fire on aircrafts, I would like to simulate a barrage of antiaircraft fire using a script

but, thank you for your suggestion wink_o.gif

there're several flak scripts in ofp. in libmod for example. and i guess you're long enough to remember them. Did you tried those old solutions ?

there're several flak scripts in ofp. in libmod for example. and i guess you're long enough to remember them. Did you tried those old solutions ?

Yes I know them, and No they do not work. Because camCreate command do not work. All these kinds of scripts, which were used for OFP, do not work for ArmA confused_o.gif

No, I do not want armoureds could fire on aircrafts, I would like to simulate a barrage of antiaircraft fire using a script

but, thank you for your suggestion  wink_o.gif

Just to get it clear, what I suggested would have the shilka's or whatever AA you're using fire at a invisible object, basicly it fires at nothing, up in the sky. Not at actual aircraft

create a vehicle instead of shell that explodes when destroyed. though i don't know how to adjust vehicle explosion

@Toasted Duckie

Yes, I understand it, but I did not want a shilka (or something else), just a simulated shoot-off on a air raid.

But if this is the only solution, I'll do as you tell me. wink_o.gif

create a vehicle instead of shell that explodes when destroyed. though i don't know how to adjust vehicle explosion

The result of a vehicle's explosion isn't very successful, in comparison with any shell. But thank you for your idea wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The result of a vehicle's explosion isn't very successful

but i guess it's different for different vehicles, and depends on fuel/ammo iirc. thus you can tweak it to be powerfull

Oooh I'm silly, you want a effect of AA rounds exploding around your aircraft when in the air? I must be thinking slow today.. I'll blame the weather tounge2.gif

Quote[/b] ]But if this is the only solution, I'll do as you tell me. wink_o.gif

I'm sure there's a way to achieve the effect you want, I'm no expert I'm very new to all this, but if I look into it I can probably come up with a method to get it to work.

Quote[/b] ]The result of a vehicle's explosion isn't very successful

but i guess it's different for different vehicles, and depends on fuel/ammo iirc. thus you can tweak it to be powerfull

Yes, it's true smile_o.gif

But there is one thing that I do not understand => Why ammo is regarded as an object and that can be used in a script recovering its position (such as bulletCam script), and you can also allocate a setDamage on any object created (or existing), but it is impossible to allocate a setDamage on an ammo created with createVehicle command ? banghead.gif

Ammo is not configured as a vehicle, hence setDamage does nothing to it.

What I did w/ OFP, and will probably work w/ ArmA, is to camCreate or createVehicle the shell at a given position, and also create some solid object at the same spot. The shell hits the object and explodes, then I delete the object. Of course, it's possible to see the object for a split-second unless you know how to make an invisible object in Oxygen (just make the fireGeo LOD and an empty Geo and 0.000) and code it.

AFAIK, the only real solution is to have the shell "hit" something to get it to explode.

You can create GrenadeHandTimed class ammo and put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">explosiontime = 0.01;in its config. Then you can spawn this ammo around the target aircraft and it will blow up immediately. Should work and look pretty nice (apart from the lack of tracers).

Ammo is not configured as a vehicle, hence setDamage does nothing to it.

What I did w/ OFP, and will probably work w/ ArmA, is to camCreate or createVehicle the shell at a given position, and also create some solid object at the same spot. The shell hits the object and explodes, then I delete the object. Of course, it's possible to see the object for a split-second unless you know how to make an invisible object in Oxygen (just make the fireGeo LOD and an empty Geo and 0.000) and code it.

AFAIK, the only real solution is to have the shell "hit" something to get it to explode.

As I said on my first post, camCreate command do not work, and create a shell with an object to "hit" do not work too (only after on the ground that the shell explodes, not in the air)

To create a vehicle or an object, you use createVehicle command, and you can allocate a setDamage to it. And you must use the same command to create an ammo, but you can't allocate a setDamage to it.

You can create GrenadeHandTimed class ammo and put <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">explosiontime = 0.01;
in its config. Then you can spawn this ammo around the target aircraft and it will blow up immediately. Should work and look pretty nice (apart from the lack of tracers).

Do you mean that I must make an addon to simulate a shoot-off on a air raid?

Quote[/b] ]Do you mean that I must make an addon to simulate a shoot-off on a air raid?

idea is great. just create time delayed ammo. with small delay. it will explode itself once created

@SUPR3ME KILL3R

This is not exactly what I was looking for, but your script is very useful. Thank you wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Do you mean that I must make an addon to simulate a shoot-off on a air raid?

idea is great. just create time delayed ammo. with small delay. it will explode itself once created

Sure, but I'm not an addon-Maker whistle.gif . I can only make scripts