Sign in to follow this  
Flugel

Hardware t&l missing muzzle flash in add-ons

I really love Fliper's M4 addon and Viper's FAMAS, but the fact that those nice rifles dont support T&L bothers me a little.

Game runs alot slower when disabeling T&L so I have to fall back to 1280x1024.

The weird thing is, that with T&L enabled, it can work without problems. Play a French Soldier with FAMAS. Kill any soldier equiped with a rifle, and take it from him. As soon as you pick up the FAMAS again, the muzzle flash wont show up until you fire the rifle and it will leave again as soon the bullet leaves the rifle. So it works. But um there must be some kind of fix for this right? only initialization of this rifle must be wrong :/

Its just because the original model they are made from are from the demo version of ofp, which are older versions of the models. The final retail version of ofp apparently uses different kind of p3d format.

This is an old subject already. No its not TL, i kept saying this!

My best bet is that it needs a proper animation, being 1st frame without the flash. Somehow the current modding does not cover this area, so that is where i would go for answers.

The T&L problem is related with the MLOD format of the demo versions p3d model files. The demo had no T&L format - so the models had no support for it, too. We can't work arround on this problem in the moment.

But I will release new updated version of the FAMAS if BIS will give us the tools..

hah okay sounds fair enough

tho the model is really looking good, the textures on the mag seem a bit off place

fix in future? offcourse i hate to be a nitpick but its soo damn near perfect that i want it to be perfect tounge.gif

[EDIT] uhhh or does the mag really look like that? tounge.gif owya and the AI tends to fire the gun single shot only tounge.gif ye ye ill shut up now its a damn fine rifle d00d! [/EDIT]