Sign in to follow this  
l mandrake

Need agreement on HiFi sound mod!

I keep getting kicked from public servers for running arguably the best sound mod for ARMA thats currently out there....HiFi

It seems dumb to have to disable it - is it banned because the breathing noises are too loud? Could we reach some agreement with the mod's author to create an acceptable version + key so we can all enjoy this brilliant mod online?

Frustrated,

Mandrake

well, if it's for the breathing, i sure can understand the band.gif , afther all it does sound like someone is recording an x rated movie next to you, when it realy is just someone thats jogging a hundred and fifty meters away....

the gun sounds on the other hand, is quite nice

heya there,

Creator of the HiFi addon here, I was totally unaware of this being a problem, ie the breathing noise on servers. Shame.

Still, I managed to alter the sound volume of the said breath sample to a level below the default Arma volume...so, this can no longer be used to 'cheat'...even though I always hated the sound and thought of removing it all together.

So, I'm not quite sure if this will fix your problems joining servers, but its a start, as for keys, well, I have someone dedicated to creating them now so at least for my next release these issues should be over. So, if you can wait for HiFi 1.4/Warfare, your gonna be in for a treat.....

Best Regards

Mark XIII

Ps, If theres anything else I can help you with pm me...I'll do my best to help.

Sounds great Mark. Love your work and it's a shame it get's banned for the breathing sound.

Even I gotta say the breathing was a bit LOUD!!! hihi

I do understand that people gat banned, because it can be used as a "cheat" on pvp servers. On cooperative servers, it's just anoying.

But if you fix it and some of the other changes in your Addons, it would be great.

Best retard NoBrainer

Mark,

Thanks for your reply - I'm delighted you're continuing to support and develop this outstanding mod, can't wait for the next version!

cheers

Mandrake

In my opinion this is very simple.

When playing in multiplayer, you only load the addons that are required to play.

If you try to load something else, then you in my opinion deserve to get kicked from the server  tounge2.gif

I go even as far and say that BIS should put people in line by forcing this so that it is not up to the server admins.

When playing in multiplayer, you only load the addons that are required to play.

If you try to load something else, then you in my opinion deserve to get kicked from the server  tounge2.gif

I go even as far and say that BIS should put people in line by forcing this so that it is not up to the server admins.

If this was true, there would be absolutely no point in (ppl like me that only play MP) using some of the sound mods that the talented addon makers have created! tounge2.gif

Unfortunately I don't understand your point.

Perhaps you are in the wrong thread?

Mandrake.