Sign in to follow this  
sgt_hawkins

Weather

I am currently Making a Mission on the new Hdt Island (High Definition Tropical Isle) by Linker Split. It has a a tropical theme obviously. It is supposed to be at night while it is raining. The squads are supposed to start with no equipment.and are supposed to navigate by stars and lightning flashes I wont bore you with the details.

My Problem is that i cant get it to rain and once i do get it to rain id like the thunder flashes to be more frequent. I have put the slider all the way on rain on the weather slider and the forecast slider in the Intel box. and i put this on my init

setViewDistance 2800;

0 setFog 0;

0 setRain 1;

0 setOvercast 0;

If i put 1 on my overcast everything turns grey

Any help would be appreciated

Grey?

And you cant have Rain without clouds (overcast)...

I fixed lightning and rain my only issue is that when i start the mission the fog is really dense i cant see 1 inch in front of me but it goes away after about 3 minutes btw i deleted the init so thats no longer the issue

Hi m8, speaking of my island.

I'm about to release another version, this time several bugs have been fixed, wait just a bit, then download it smile_o.gif

Hi m8, speaking of my island.

I'm about to release another version, this time several bugs have been fixed, wait just a bit, then download it smile_o.gif

I love your island cant wait till the next release. yay.gif

Moved to correct location this time biggrin_o.gif

As said, rain needs overcast to work. And then the rain would automatically adjust itself to the level of overcast. Rain will vary from light drizzle to pouring, in a shower type way (cumulus based rain).

"Navigate by stars and lightning"? You don't often see both at the same time. Thunderstorms cells are usually quite big in lateral size (and obviously vertical as well biggrin_o.gif).

Sorry, but this idea doesn't intrigue me too much. Played "dark" missions before that I had to give up because I couldn't see anything. I suggest choosing a night of good moonlight to navigate by.

I had a similar bug in the tropical island map, it would rain fine etc. but when one turned their NVGs off everything was totally grey. You could see your weapon and body ( as they are displayed over any weather ) but you couldn't even see the grass below you. Anyway just though that was kinda wierd.

Yea i fixed it to where it has a half moon so you can see. Yea i dont want people to be completely in the dark because most people dont want things too complicated.