Sign in to follow this  
clawhammer

Problem wit Oxygen 2 Viewer

Hello together

I have a small problem with my Oxygen sad_o.gif

After installing the whole set i can not lounch the Viewer?

Everytime in Oxygen when i try to start it i get this Errormessage: External Viewer: Unable to create Viewer

I set the path to the arma Exe like this in the Options:

"C:\C:\Andreas\Games\Armed Assault 1.14" -window -buldozer -noland

Thanks for your help !

I set the path to the arma Exe like this in the Options:

"C:\C:\Andreas\Games\Armed Assault 1.14" -window -buldozer -noland

Its very unlikely thats the correct path and exe reference.

Its more likely;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Andreas\Games\Armed Assault 1.14\ArmA.exe" -window -buldozer -noland

Or maybe something like

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"C:\Andreas\Games\ArmA\ArmA.exe" -window -buldozer -noland

Sry my faul i typed it here in the form wrong.

In O² its pathed right.

I think one of your paths in the config of O2PE isn't valid (DLL Folder ?).

Perhaps the folder of your BI's Tools Drive isn't mapped to the right drive letter.

C:\Andreas\Games\Armed Assault 1.14\ArmA.exe" -window -buldozer -noland

Is the path i have in the config.

Not what you see in the first post, typing mistake  whistle.gif

I'm not talking about the path of the "External Viewer" but about the path of the "DLL Folder".

Thats my dll folder: C:\Programme\Bohemia Interactive\Tools\Oxygen 2 Personal Edition

Here is the rest of my config:

Unbenannt.JPG

No, but at the moment i dont have textures so i dont think its needed. But its the mistake how can i get drive p: ?

1st add in the dll folder textbox a slash t the end "\"

as for buldozer in order to work with buldozer you need

A)to have the ArmAwork dir setup in your pc with the virtul drive P:

or

B)to have a partition for your working drive

if A)

go to my documents there you should have a foolder with the name "ArmAWork", open the folder, inside there is a batch file under the name "mapdisk", reight click on it and select edit, you should get something like that

subst I: "C:\Documents and Settings\Sparky\My Documents\ArmAWork"  

change the I with P now probably it should work.

if B)

do the same but in

subst I: "C:\Documents and Settings\Sparky\My Documents\ArmAWork"  

change the I with your partition drive letter

in both cases if you don't have the folder "ArmAwork" in your documents probaably something has gone wrong with the installation try to install again the tool suite, but select oonly the virtual drive (but as far as i remember this is a required install)

also everytime you start your windows the batcher runs, so if you have disable this batcher process or whatever probably you can't have the virtual P partition.

The instructions above are for windows XP, i have no clue what folder structure Vista use,

that's the reason of the error - I had a similar error (on my system with Win XP - don't know if it happens on Vista, too).

Somewhere you should have the BI's Tools Drive installed (normally "My Documents\ArmAWork\"). There should be a batch with the name mapdisk.bat (which use the command "subst" to map the folder to P:\ ).

Normally the mapdisk.bat is started at the start of your system (autorun by registry) and maps the folder to P:\.

To get the drive, find the folder and the mapdisk.bat and run it.

(but only if you know, what you are doing biggrin_o.gif)

[On my PC I had to install the BI Tools as admin - but I wanted to use it as a normal user. The problem is that the entry for autorun is stored in the "personal registry of the admin" which won't be executed for a normal user.]

EDIT: looks like I was a little too slow...

ok now i have p: and the Viewer starts smile_o.gif

But now i have a new errormessage to at startup:

Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

Quote[/b] ]Shaders not valid (mismatch of exe and data?)

I had the same problem. Every time I installed a new version of the editing tools, the file "P:\bin\bicompiledshaders_nvidia.shdc" becomes corrupted and shows as file size 0 bytes.

So now, before updating the tools I delete my bin directory and every thing works fine.

Ok Now it works all fine smile_o.gif

What ive done?

Setting up drive p correctyl and installing everything again.

REALLY REALLY THANK YOU GUYS smile_o.gif

try this, it may help.

copy your game ArmA.exe (update to 1.14) in the folder that you have buldozer (make a backup 1st of the original buldozer exe), and run O2, and start buldozer, i think that this works

try this, it may help.

copy your game ArmA.exe (update to 1.14) in the folder that you have buldozer (make a backup 1st of the original buldozer exe), and run O2, and start buldozer, i think that this works

That would work if ArmA O2 didn't reference the game's ArmA.exe for the viewer, instead of having the old "seperate" EXE as with OFP's O2. As it doesn't, that wont work at all as there is no "Bulldozer.exe" file to overwrite.