Sign in to follow this  
Deusrexmachina

Tanks disappear when flying too far.

Hi. When I fly at quite a distance, say roughly more than a kilometer from the target, the tanks disappear, while approaching them they just pop up back in sight.

In OpF this does not happen, even at a pretty high distance I can still see black dots (referring to the deserted island).

So far I've never experienced slow FPS nor problems while on foot or in ground vehicles. ArmA runs smoothly in every situation I've played, but this on & off popping somehow does make a difference between aiming at a target and being one yourself.

Any solutions?

ArmA's still on 1.09, I was without the internet for almost two months -on and off, more off- so I couldn't update myself with the game.

PC specs:

IntelCore2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz

2 GB RAM

nVidia 8800 640 Mb VRAM

XP Professional

Of course ...try the upgrades

You also didn't give enough information:

whats your view distance set at

Is it a mission you made or what?

Oh, sorry for not givin' enough info, my bad. :P

It's a simple training mission with the editor to get used to the various air vehicles -official and non-; me roaming with the A10 while the live targets are tanks and UAZs with machine guns, running around in waypoints while trying to nail me down too. The setviewdistance is around 5 km; I've lowered it but there were no differences at all, so I've raised it to even 6 km. The island is the... er, small one -can't recall the name, sorry-, then have tried another island but not an official one, and the results haven't changed. confused_o.gif

Have tried playing with the various video options with no success. All details are set to high or medium, and the resolution is 1360x768x32.

You think the 1.14 upgrade will make the difference?

But no one else had this problem before?

Thanks for the reply though. smile_o.gif

Did you try upping the "object detail" ? it does use higher LOD, so it could be that.

Put object detail to very high, then they disapear only when the get past the veiw distance. At lower levels things start to disappear. To obsurve this go on monte pesto(SW of Paraiso) and have enough veiw so you can see the city then play with object detail. At lower the city has fewer buildings till you zoom with Binocs or scope while ag higher/very high they are visable. I always turn obj detail to max when flying or if I have to engage air targets.

Thank you so much to Lou Montana and Sabre Tooth Sniper! It works!! thumbs-up.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Sorry if I didn't reply earlier, managed only today to try it out.

Thanks again, very much appreciated. yay.gif