Sign in to follow this  
dale0404

Anyone Worried

the full power run is due to october, so relax guys we still have a full month to cocking about whistle.gif

I found one smile_o.gif

black_Hole_ASU.jpg

Do you think we fit in there? Maybe I try to loose some weight while we still can smile_o.gif

No they're just doing a test run today. The real colliding will start on october 21st.

It's happening today actually.

No, what they're doing today is simply accelerating the proton beam around the LHC to see if it works alright, this is something that happens in cyclotrons all over the world on a daily basis. Over the coming weeks they'll increase the energies of the single proton stream until they're approaching speeds close to lightspeed.

The maximum energies of the LHC are greater than other particle accelerators built, so some unexpected stuff might happen before October 21st but they don't start accelerating two beams of protons in opposite directions, in order to smash them into each other until October. It's only when the two proton beams start colliding that we'll see if these Higgs Bosons exist, and whether all the potentially dangerous outcomes of the experiment might happen; hence why it's so amusing that people are bricking it today.

Personally, I'm quite excited to see what happens.

No they're just doing a test run today. The real colliding will start on october 21st.

In fact, today's just a test run to see if everything works as it should, and the full power run will begin next month.

In fact, today's just a test run to see if everything works as it should, and the full power run will begin next month.

Owned. Anyway, there's no danger*, and you may quote me on that. I'll even bet my right ball on it, if you want.

*of destroying the world

Has the LHC destroyed the world yet? Click here

Lol the bookies where giving odds of like 999,999,999-1

That the world would end today! rofl.gif

Reminds me of when I was playing Doom 3 and the hellgate which was another expirement went horribly wrong ... granted that was a game but it still made me wonder lol.