Sign in to follow this  
SlipperyJim

Evolution Based Maps Crash in 1.14 More?

I am starting this topic as a result of a discussion in the 1.14 patch feedback thread. I want to apologize in advance for my lack of knowledge about Arma mapping and scripting. Please don't let this thread "evolve" into a discussion about how much some of you hate Evolution. Thanks in advance.

First of all has anyone else noticed that Evolution based maps seem to crash a lot more with the 1.14 patch?

As a long time player of Evolution I have never seen so many servers crashing as with the latest patch. Now servers only seem to last 20 minutes to an hour on average before the server crashes and resets. With previous versions of Arma you could generally play for hours before having any sort of problems. I once played for 12 hours straight with the 1.08 patch before I called it a night.

Is anyone else noticing a lot of Evolution crashes with 1.14?

Could a change in the 1.14 patch cause scripting errors that would crash Evolution? Do we need the Evolution based maps to be modified to be fully 1.14 compatible? The other option is that changes with the 1.14 patch causes problems with many addons and when clients join with these addons activated the server crashes.

Thanks for your time.

Not specifically with EVO missions but for me it's missions like Dynamic War and even Chneemanns new mission or large DACv2.0 type missions, and my system can easily handle anything ArmA has at the highest settings. I've been trying to get some suggestions on what could be my problems with v1.14. I've given every piece of info regarding my system, the specifics of the crashes, etc. but not a single suggestion has been offered.

It really amazes me that so few are now getting CTD's more often with v1.14 then before. I really wish I could offer you some help but I can't even get much help myself. It really kills me that I can't figure out a solution, this is a wonderful game but I'm not sure how much longer I'm willing to deal with an Out of Memory CTD every time I get into playing.

I really hope this thread you started can get some suggestions. There's gotta be something conflicting with my system, I just wish I could figure out what that is.

Good Luck.

well the answer is 1.16b, but if your servers you play on are all 1.14... well its a wait till 1.17 final... Best bet is to talk to the server admin? and see what the resources are at the time of crash. The dac will run out the ram and RAM fragmentation is a issues too.

Edited by kklownboy