Sign in to follow this  
volkov956

Graphical Weirdness 1.14 Only

Well before i got a white screen before where the GUI is still there and such and u could alt tab and it would be all normal.

SO I tried a Night Mission and after it goes white it becomes like this. And once again alt tab fixes it

Tested 1.08 ,1.09 1.11, 1.12 and this does not happen in those versions at all

glitchxc6.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49....MG]

Got this exact problem also only with 1.14 (it happened 3-4 times so far). I suspect it has something to do with the new way the game manages the memory. I posted about this in the 1.14 feedback thread and several people also have it.

The game runs fine for a period, freezes for a second like it is going to crash, and then your graphics are corrupted and you have funny colours on the game interface. You have to reboot the game to fix it.

I checked my video card temperature as soon as it happens and that isn't the problem. Card temp is almost at idle temperature since I run my fan high.

Same here with me on dualcore E6850, 2gigs, 8800GT OC2 512MB. But it happens only on alt-tabbing and takes a lot of time for a game to appear back. It looks like it will crash but then all the gfx becomes strange (including menus/map).

I'm using Czech version of game patched up to 1.14. This didn't happen on 1.09beta or 1.12beta...

Interesting thing is i have 3 systems all with the same specs and only 2 does it since 1.14

Specs of all 3

E6850

Server 2003 32bit Enterprise SP2

4GB DDR2

8800GT

Audigy/Audigy 2/XFI Elite Pro

But then again the third one that has not done it yet is not used in arma as much so far

What driver version are you using?

I posted a video some time ago with the same problem. I think it has to do with the driver.

Here take a look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__GQ9NzeXK0

"SixWingedFreak" replied with the answer for this problem, at least it worked here.

Regards

I have tried 175.80 and about 10 other variants of 174 and 175 series