Sign in to follow this  
FritzDaKat

Repair buildings

I was just curious as to if theres something to be added in the init or something to enable those Vehicle repair shops to work or do I just need to use the Map_Misc addon?

Well, this isn't perfect but I've used setpos to put a repair truck underneath a building. Works ok.

Well, this isn't perfect but I've used setpos to put a repair truck underneath a building. Works ok.

Eeeek. Try the Map_Misc addon. lol

Has refuel, rearm and repair objects with a user defined placable radius.

I just missed the way the Ofp "Maintenance buildings" required UI to activate them. I suppose I could figure out a way to script a user input to (de)activate it somehow.

lol, it's just personal preference biggrin_o.gif

I'd rather not use an addon unless I have to and/or they add something special to the mission.

Missions with a massive list of required addons put me off big time.

The setpos method works just fine though wink_o.gif

You can still create repair or healing stations anywhere with it.

The ECS addon adds the repair functionality to all repair buildings. Even got a cool repair sound. smile_o.gif You don't have to add anything in the editor, it just works...

If you don't want to use addon, you have to add a trigger to the area or add an action to the object.

Quote[/b] ]you have to add a trigger to the area or add an action to the object.

Yep, goes something like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">unitname action ["repair",repairvehiclename]

The setpos method is for us lazy folk  biggrin_o.gif

Fritz, sorry I didn't think to mention that action yesterday - I am quite a lazy person after all wink_o.gif

edit:

Thought I ought to add that the unit referred to with "repairvehiclename" can be any distance away from the vehicle in need of repair.

edit:

Thought I ought to add that the unit referred to with "repairvehiclename" can be any distance away from the vehicle in need of repair.

Ooooooo, Wizard Mechanics, I like it.... if only they had the Merlin skin to go with.. rofl.gif I dont mind addons myself as anything I do is mainly for personal use. And if I ever did something I felt was really submission worthy, I'd take the 5 minutes to add the mods to the mission / campaign pbo. (5 cuz it would take about that long to write the permission request email to the authors. lol )