Sign in to follow this  
Schullo

Satchel Charge - Dolores

I am on the SP mission where satchel charges must be placed under the bridge to blow it up. I place the charges and go to the "safe" location indicated on the map but I cannot blow up the satchel charges. What am I missing?

Thanks very much.

Have you gone out of range of the satchel's receiver? Tried setting a timer on it?

How do you set a timer on it? According to the script, I am supposed to wait for a signal (which I get) from another soldier before setting it off.

As far as going a safe distance, I go to the spot noted on the map.

S

Generic mission guide for the Dolores bridge mission:  

You are supposed to put the charges underneaeth the supporting beams of the bridges. You have to swim to get there, and you have to deploy the charges while you are swimming), then follow the shore line to your right, move until you can't see the tanks, that move to the nearest building and find the weapon cache. (You will end up at the left flank  of the armoured column)   During this, your officer will tell you to hold fire, and will give you the code "flash-flash-flash" at which point the auto-save will kick-in. Then you choose "blow satchel up" from your option menu (middle mouse button by default).

If you move out of range (I believe the "safe" zone is on the far side of Dolores, where the artilleries are) you can't detonate the charges. Satchel charges have a set range which you can remotely detonate them.

I put my satchels on top of the bridge and a few under the bridge on the slope (where the bridge starts) and it worked fine.

Also I had problems completing that mission because for some reason I thought I had to blow the bridge up to stop the tanks before they pass over the bridge.

It took more than 10 tries to understand that the purpose of the mission is to trap the tanks in the city area between the two bridges.

Silly ol' me!

Ok. I give up.

I place all five satchels under the bridge and sprint to the nearest arms cache. I wait for the flash command and use my middle mouse wheel. There is no command to blow up the five satchels no matter how far my player is from the bridge. I can be standing under the bridge or at the arms cache or across the river. No option to blow the bridge using my middle mouse wheel.

If I pick up a satchel from the arms cache and place it somewhere, I have the options of deactivating it, setting a timer or setting it off. I do not get these options with the five that I start the mission with.

What am i doing wrong or missiong?

Thanks for everyone's input.

S

if you get no "blow up (X) bombs" menu-entry you are too far away from the charges. position yourself between the houses facing the bridge in the vincinity of the arms cache, that position always worked for me. i btw got myself the m136 *after* blowing the bridge, plenty of time because those tanks can go nowhere...

Ok. I give up.

I place all five satchels under the bridge and sprint to the nearest arms cache. I wait for the flash command and use my middle mouse wheel. There is no command to blow up the five satchels no matter how far my player is from the bridge. I can be standing under the bridge or at the arms cache or across the river. No option to blow the bridge using my middle mouse wheel.

If I pick up a satchel from the arms cache and place it somewhere, I have the options of deactivating it, setting a timer or setting it off. I do not get these options with the five that I start the mission with.

What am i doing wrong or missiong?

Thanks for everyone's input.

S

Have you updated your game to 1.08 version, if not then do it. There should be command "touch off satchel charge" in action menu, even if you install only one satchel charge. Don't touch off charges before you have installed all five charges.

"blow up (X) bombs" menu-entry you are too far away from the charges. position yourself between the houses facing the bridge in the vincinity of the arms cache" --- tried it there and I tried it under the bridge next to the satchels. No option to blow the satchels.

Do you have to get to the arms cache and reload PRIOR to being able to blow the satchels? Or should I have the ability to blow the satchels immediately after dropping them under the bridge?

"Have you updated your game to 1.08 version" -- yes. I actually have the ARMA Gold edition (1.08 out of the box) with the 1.12 beta patch. I am going to try reverting back to base 1.08 to see if I get the option to blow the satchels.

Strange........

I appreciate everyone's input on a seemingly stupid issue.