Sign in to follow this  
bravo 6

Importing Satellit Data

I wanted to try my map and see how the Mask_lco and Sat_lco work in Buldozer...

I followed the tutorial step by step and when i finally try to import the Data i get these error..

error_small.jpg

enlarge

also verified the error report "c45a_appcompat.txt"

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE"><?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?>

<DATABASE>

<EXE NAME="Visitor3.exe" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_PRIVACY">

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="UnInstall.exe" SIZE="552960" CHECKSUM="0xCC04DB9B" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x8F7BC" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" LINK_DATE="08/01/2007 09:15:04" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/01/2007 09:15:04" />

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="Visitor3.exe" SIZE="3530752" CHECKSUM="0x254503C9" BIN_FILE_VERSION="3.0.0.0" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="3.0.0.0" PRODUCT_VERSION="1.0" FILE_DESCRIPTION="Visitor3" COMPANY_NAME="Bohemia Interactive Studio" PRODUCT_NAME="Visitor3" FILE_VERSION="3, 0, 0, 0" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="Visitor3.EXE" INTERNAL_NAME="Visitor3" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="Copyright © 2007" VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x4" VERFILETYPE="0x1" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x36CE68" LINKER_VERSION="0x0" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="3.0.0.0" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="3.0.0.0" LINK_DATE="08/22/2007 09:51:32" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/22/2007 09:51:32" VER_LANGUAGE="Checo [0x405]" />

</EXE>

<EXE NAME="kernel32.dll" FILTER="GRABMI_FILTER_THISFILEONLY">

<MATCHING_FILE NAME="kernel32.dll" SIZE="1033216" CHECKSUM="0xF4AA34EC" BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" FILE_DESCRIPTION="DLL cliente da API BASE do Windows NT" COMPANY_NAME="Microsoft Corporation" PRODUCT_NAME="Sistema operativo Microsoft® Windows®" FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158)" ORIGINAL_FILENAME="kernel32" INTERNAL_NAME="kernel32" LEGAL_COPYRIGHT="© Microsoft Corporation. Todos os direitos reservados." VERFILEDATEHI="0x0" VERFILEDATELO="0x0" VERFILEOS="0x40004" VERFILETYPE="0x2" MODULE_TYPE="WIN32" PE_CHECKSUM="0x1028A1" LINKER_VERSION="0x50001" UPTO_BIN_FILE_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" UPTO_BIN_PRODUCT_VERSION="5.1.2600.2180" LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:15" UPTO_LINK_DATE="08/04/2004 07:56:15" VER_LANGUAGE="Português (Portugal) [0x816]" />

</EXE>

</DATABASE>

don't exactly know what this have to do with the error i get in Visitor3

Why can't i import data?

When i start to import i keep having the same error and then Visitor 3 crash.

edit: I've tried all night to see where is the problem and nothing... still can't Import Satellite + Mask confused_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]IMPORT AND PNG TO PAA CONVERSION

=======================================

So now you're ready to import your Satellite and Mask textures, this can be one of the more time consuming thing when working with Visitor, but with the given example here I'd imagine the process to rather quick.

#Step 1: Go to Tools--> "Import Satellite + Mask.." now you get the choice if you want to generate you layers RVMATs in binary or text, by default it should be set to binary, if not select binary and press OK.

#Step 2: Now you select what images you're going to use as Sat/Mask and your layers.cfg. open them up, in succession it should be:

nr 1: Satellite maps

nr 2: Layers.cfg

nr.3: Mask

Note- If this process fails somewhere along the line and Visitor crashes, it's most likely to do with an error in one of the texture paths or image size, check everything RVMATs, Layers.cfg Visitor settings and again texture sizes. Even the most minute error such as a missing " can crash everything, so be certain everything is correct.

Source Tutorial

I really don't know what wrong sad_o.gif

Heres my files organized:

All images.paa in "P:\fallujah\Data" have the same size 512x512. (thought this was the prob but it isn't)

info_te_small.jpg

enlarge

Someone help.gif Please!

hmmmmm ... can't see the problem.

Best I can suggest at this stage;

- anywhere u have \Data\ .... change to \data\

Also, post your Visitor system and project preferences

And image details; ie size, format, colours etc

A wild guess, but what bit depth is your sat/mask?

ok, i changed all "Data" to "data", even in all ".rvmat", still crashs when i try to import.

info03_te_small.jpg

enlarge

Gnat @ Mar. 25 2008,11:49)]Also, post your Visitor system and project preferences

And image details; ie size, format, colours etc

I hope you mean this: (else please tell me where to go and ill post a pic)

e05_s.jpg

enlarge (Visitor3 System)

e04_small.jpg

enlarge (Project preferences)

The colors i used for Mask_lco.png (with L) was the following ones

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">yellow[]={{255,255,0}}; // Sand = Yellow RGB = 255.255.0

green[]={{0,255,0}}; // Grass = Green RGB = 0.255.0

blue[]={{0,0,255}}; // Urban/Asphalt = Blue RGB = 0.0.255

red[]={{255,0,0}}; // Rock/Mountain = Red RGB = 255.0.0

edit: added the Vistor3 Sytem info

A wild guess, but what bit depth is your sat/mask?

don't know exactly because im a noob on these..

<s>but i think its 16M?</s>

edit2: well i pressed properties in images and i got these info on Mask_lco.png and Sat_lco.png

e06_s.jpg

enlarge

does this help to find the problem? confused_o.gif

I find strange the Sat_lco.png have no info on resume..

e05_s.jpg

enlarge

maybe i need to change the path to:

"d:\Program files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA\beta\ArmA.exe -window -buldozer" ?!

EDIT: tryed this and it doesnt even start buldozer.

I really can't do a complete map if i cant Importing Satellit Data.

I can build bridges and level them already.. tounge2.gif

EDIT: Looks like i don't have enough memory to 1.7GB data, maybe thats why visitor3 crash at start when trying to Importing Satellit Data.

DAMN! band.gif

OK, At Last!

I think i found and solved the problem.

Opteryx already asked me before "what bit depth is your sat/mask?"

I didn't know what to answer nor what to choose and thought it was not important, looks like it is! (people should know)

I looked at BIS samplemap and noticed their mask/sat/background were set to 24 bit depth. (background was 16bit tough)

In all my pics i had 16 bit. ( my photoshot didn't had 24 bit option, only 16 and 32 bit, thats why my choice was 16bit)

So what i did to test and try: i reduced all my pics from 10240x10240 to 5120x5120 and used other program "fireworks" to change depth to 24bit.

Then doing all the normal procedure in tutorials i at last would be able to Importing Satellit Data.

Hope this also help people that have same problem.

24bit Depth IS IMPORTANT!

ps- mods can close if they want. Thanks for your help guys.