Sign in to follow this  
Twiggy159

Map Lag

When I'm playing in a game, sometimes if I open my map my game bogs down tremendously. It never happened to me before and just recently started. Can someone help me out with this problem?

post your system specs when you have a problem on the technical side bud

but for now consider the following

1. have you done any updates recerntly?

2. have you started running any addons along with your arma recently?

3. Have you scanned your computer for any viruses/spyware?

Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz (4 CPUs)

2046MB RAM

NVIDIA GeForce 7950 GX2 (x2 SLi'd)

That is the basic of my system specs but the current addons I have are the following:

EBUD's Woodland SF replacements

Chammy's Sound Mod

DM Smoke Effects

6th Sense Pack 1 & 2

ArmA Effects

The only new addons that I added were the Sixth Sense pack 2 and the ArmA Effects. None of the other mods have given me this problem before. I will try the game without the Pack 2 and ArmA Effects. But I don't see how either of those could effect the performance on the map. Also, three of my buddies are running the same mods and we all have close to the same specs for our computers, and none of them have this problem.

Also, I know this is a bit off topic but, since we are talking about tech issues, when I play for an hour or 2, my game begins to de-render itself. It starts with the vehicles, the tires become octagons then make their way down to a 2D square. Then you can't see through the glass. Then my character begins to de-render. I turn down anti-aliasing but that only fixes it temporarily. Can someone help me out with that?

I would if I could but since I had this computer built by Dell it has a weird case over the heat sync. The heat sync is attached to that case and not the motherboard. So I'd have to buy a new computer case possibly ( Which I am thinking about.)

But I could possibly overclock it a little. Right now my CPU is running at 24C/76F. But I would have no idea on how to overclock.

since its a dell what piddly PSU did they put in there? and let me guess there aint a fan on that heatsink is there just a duct that goes to a 80mm?

I have no idea what my PSU is I looked all over on the unit but I could not find the voltage. Also, the fan doesn't exactly sit on top of the heat sync but it is right next to it blowing through the side of it.

Hello,

I don't have the solution, but i DO, hoever have the same issue.

I also Have a DELL, (a e520)

I've replaced the PSU (had to cut the rear of the case a bit to get it to fit. (cant remember what wattage, but was way over the piddly little one in power. (think old was 240)

Dumped in my old SB Audigy 1 Platinum (yes old, but must be better than on board, no?)

Also replaced video car with a 7950gt KO (512)

Apart from that its std from the box. (core2duo/1gig ram etc)

Ooh and running XPhome rather than vista.

What Dell do you have?

I also get the LOD issue. alot of paging to disk, regardless which patch (up to 1.11) or what command line extentions I use.

A shame as Im a big fan of ARMA/VBS/OFP and Im not getting my fix.

rgds

LoK

opps double post, my aplogies.

Rgds

LoK

Twiggy,

I wouldn't really worry about it, myself and most of my friends get this. I think it's partially to do with your pc loading the map and the server sending you the info (such as markers, players, enemies etc).

I know this doesn't help solve your problem but you're not alone!

-Gloopy

I just wanted to say that after I installed patch 1.11 and I joined a game.The first time I opened my map I thought the game locked up.It took like 10 secs. But it wasn't a crash and it hasn't done it since that first time.

Sounds like its caching the files somewheres and maybe its creating them everytime you open the map ? Curious when was the last time you defragged hdd's ? Possible pagefile fragmented maybe? possibly unrelated

It only did it once for me , map opens almost instataneous for me. I can actually fly and open the map now with my latest pc. My other pcs it was kinda slow (not 10 secs tho)

I defragged my HDD about 2 or 3 months ago. That map issue isn't the only problem, after a while, my game starts to render down HORRIBLY. Almost where the tires on cars are squares and 2D. Any reason why that is going on?