Sign in to follow this  
Black Op

Wwii recruiting posters

not obligaterly (sic)

the kaiser was the chief of a colonial empire (empire=reich)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 28 2002,14:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">look at the helmet<span id='postcolor'>

Darth Vader helmet without the mask. biggrin.gif

no , i'm talking about the 2 pins on the top of the helmet

a german ww2 helmet doesn't have these two pins , i can't remember the designation of the helmet on the picture

It is WWII. About the helmet that is an issue where I would say purely WWII (WWI they had a knife-like antenae on top of their helmet). But you never know when helmets get invented.

But the propaganda is so typical for the regime of WWII. In WWI soldiers were shown more in a human but honourable way than here in a "gladiator-maniac-ironman" style.

yes it's maybe a ww2 poster , but one thing is sure : the helmet IS a ww1 helmet

the bavarian helmet (with the "knife" on it) was only used as pageantry(sic) attribute after the end of 1915, the germans needed a REAL helmet and not an accessory for faggets , the fact is that the bavarian helmet couldn't stop the schrapnels and didn't offer more protection than as small cap because of it forms (it didn't cover the neck very well)

and the bavarian helmet was very old (the first were isued in the german army in the 60is *1860*)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ran @ Feb. 28 2002,13:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the bavarian helmet (with the "knife" on it) was only used as pageantry(sic) attribute after the end of 1915, the germans needed a REAL helmet and not an accessory for faggets , the fact is that the bavarian helmet couldn't stop the schrapnels and didn't offer more protection than as small cap because of it forms (it didn't cover the neck very well)

and the bavarian helmet was very old (the first were isued in the german army in the 60is *1860*)<span id='postcolor'>

I had a hard time to find out, which model of the Stahlhelm it realy is (maybe the painter invented one himself). About the first one appearing 1915 (end) you are absolutely right. And in fact it changed a lot and saved many lifes. I found a good page (images only, you got to read nothing)

German helmets

But there are many sites on that (strange but all are american, there are no german). If you ask yourself what this two ridiculous pins at the sides are for, then I can tell ya... not only for ventilation but actually they have a smart purpose.....you could put a special armor on it so if you watch out of your fox-hole (e.g. as a machine-gunner) a sniper wouldnt get through to your brain.

gsh03.jpg

so i was right

i'm not a politic and modern military expert , but i can't be wrong about something wich talk about ww1