Sign in to follow this  
SGT ROCK

Red hammer

Any suggestions on this mission? I keep getting wiped big style. The first thing I did was transfer the two guys in the BMP to my tank, so there was a full crew. At one point I managed to shoot down the helicopter but in the end I was way too damaged!!

You have to kill the first BMP and the infantry next to your starting position. Then drive to the wood north to the now dead infantry. Tell everyone to disembark. Then run northeast, always using woods and trees as cover, avoiding camps and tanks. Crawl if necessary but hurry! The chopper normally doesn`t notice you if you are on foot.

I managed to get to the base where Sergei held hostage with three minutes left in the countdown (My best attempt). Crawl to the base from the south. Kill the two guards, then run like hell to the buildings and move to the right of them. Avoid so the BMP. Kill the soldiers next to Sergei`s tent. Tell anybody to wait, grab a satchel charge from one of the chests and blew up the BMP. Then head back the way you came. Always look for cover on your map.

It took me three attempts to manage this mission in veteran mode. Im my eyes the hardest mission in Red Hammer. But the last one is a piece of cake

biggrin.gif

Getting to the base is easy, it's getting back, thats the thing.

I get in the tank as driver, get someone in as gunner, and someone else as commander. I tell the commander and gunner to engage at will, while I drive offroad to the base. While your driving like mad, dodging tank fire and missile fire the gunners busy shooting everything he see's. I actually went to the wrong base first. It was a small base, so I just drove through it tounge.gif running everyone over. The only problem is the enemy helicopters after you. If you keep moving, your okay. But you have to stop and pickup your mate, thats when it gets hard wow.gif

Bit of a suicide mission this one!! I would have used a HMMV or dropped in by chopper. Personally, I'm more inclined to let Sergiov meet his maker... biggrin.gif

I transfered the BMP gunner to the tank as driver so I could concentrate on killing. Took out the first BMP then proceeded to destroy everything within the base and drove around the base watching for mines (Me as driver), then put pedal to the metal. I followed the road with the Hind blasting the ground around me, at this point the BMP got it, I got as far as possible in the tank and then got out on foot and tabbed it to the base. killed everyone, satchel charged the BMP, jumped in the Shilka waited for Hind to fly overhead, shot it down, then drove straight through the first base with RPG's flying everywhere and onto the extraction point.

Simple really.

I guess I was lucky in this mission, since I basically drove past everything. I started by taking the western road in my BMP.

After I had cruised for a bit, i saw 3 tanks. My fellow BMP and me were able to destroy them without much damage. After this things got pear-shaped. I continued up the road to higher ground. Well, what do you know, There`s a BASE on the main road. I remember everything after that as a series of *boom*s and orange balls blinding me, while I kept pressing "E"

After a while I arrived at the place marked with a funny circle on my map. I stepped out of my blackened APC and saved my game.

Well, what do you know, my legs have acquired a nice RED color and i can`t seem to stand up straight. Too much sitting can result in back injuries. Yup. So I shot a couple of guys coming to greet me and generally messed the place up (lying prone miraculously enhances your aiming skills!wink.gif.

Then Iwlaked over to the tent. After five minutes of giving orders to my (apparently drunk and depressed) ally, he finally managed to walk out of the tent. So I saw an empty ZSU-23 Shilka parked beside some barracks. A minute later we were cruising along the eastern coast way, enjoying the salty sea air and taking pot shots at seagulls with our AA cannon (at lest I THINK they were seagulls...maybe I should clean my monitor) and i saw a convoy consisting of a BRDM, UAZ, and a Ural. I never even got to say hello since my trigger-happy ex-captive was manning the guns. Soo after the smoke had cleared i saw that the BRDM had been abandoned and was still intact.

Needless to say, a few minutes later i was at the extraction point, with just a couple of dents in the armor plating from small arms fire, and an adrenaline percentage of about 10.5 % in my bloodstream.

Mission Accomplished

__

"If violence doesn`t solve anything, you aren`t using it enough"

-me

An alternative way is to take the left road from your starting point. You'll engage some tanks. And the hind, which you can shoot down with a sabot. There's a base somewhat north. You'll probably recognize from other missions. Get out of the tanks and sneak in. Then capture a BMP2! That's a wonderful vehicle! First shoot the other tanks and then shoot the second hind with the rapid canon. When done, hurry to Sergei's base. When I arrived I had only 30 seconds left, but I managed. Fire that rapid canon like crazy! biggrin.gif