Sign in to follow this  
Major Blood

New gear hoovering

Hello once again

I am creating a custom unit. I have applied gear to this unit.

When I create .pbo and place the unit in editor, the new gear I added is floating and not connected to the unit. It is the correct spot in O2. Lod issue?

Can someone help me with this? I am complete noob-ass.

This is fairly easy to fix. You simply forgot to add new gear on named selections. You have to check that all gear/equipment is corresponding correct selections.

So for instance if you have something on vaist line gear should be included at least in Pelvis, Spine and Spine1.

Thank you sir for your respone.  I will give that a try.

Edit:

I have managed to get the helmet not to float anymore.

I now have a new problem: The helmet disappears from the unit at a certain distance. If you get close enought to the unit the helmet reappears, or if you zoom in on unit the helmet reappears. Any ideas on this one? I took the memory LOD from the BISskeleton and copied it into my unit. Is this correct?

Any help here would be appreciated.

MajorBlood

Ummmm not sure.....

I am checking now.......

EDIT:

Ok, I have added the helmet to all LOD's (literally copy and paste into each LOD).

The helmet no longer dissapears at a distance, but I now have a problem with the first person view. While in first person, the view is partially(mostly) obstructed.

Which LOD defines the first-person view? And, should I remove the helmet from this LOD.

The helmet works fine in the weapons mode (zoomed in)

Please help!!! I am sooo close!!!

Yes you should remove it from LOD: View - Pilot, also if you have face on model there you should do following:

select from named selections osobnost and deselect hands ctrl+shift and drag mouse over them to do this. Then simply delete face.

This should remove all obstruction.

Thank you Von Rundsted.  That worked perfectly!!!   yay.gif

I finally got it!!!  Thanks for all of your help.

MajorBlood

EDIT: notworthy.gif

No problem. Community certainly need new modellers and texture artists.

Any chance of seeing some screenshots? whistle.gif

Roger on the screen shots.

I will be happy to post some screens once I get home tonight. (I am at work) At the moment I only have one unit in the game (a simple reskin), but many unit wip's and a few weapons as well.

I will post tonight.

Thanks again for all of your help. I really appreciate it.

MajorBlood

I hate to but in on this post but how do you save a piece of equipment, in this case a holster, to the pelvis and spine. I have tried and tried but it continues to appear on the ground near my soldiers foot.

Lamar

Nevermind my question...I figured it out..hold CNTL down and redefine...got it...Only took me 3 hours to figure that out hehe

Lamar

I am glad you go it working.

How did you get this fixed? Cntrl down and redefine?

Please explain. I have resolved my issue, but I am intrested in hearing how you manged to solve yours.

Please elaborate.

MajorBlood

I think he means that he first selects named selection he wants to edit and then presses CTRL and uses mouse to select part he wants to include and redefines that named selection.

There really isnt than many ways to do it in end wink_o.gif

I'm tryn' to do the same work of Major Blood,

but how may added the new equipment to the LODs?

I'm a perfect noob about O2.

Thanks a lot

Simple copy paste should do it; select wanted part ctrl+c and then to second LOD ctrl+v.

After this you can reduce polycount of model by selecting moved part and points->merge near, but this requires bit trying out and afterwards some editing in UV.

Somewhere around here in forums is partly translated version of this page: http://www.young.cliranet.com/cyp/spip/

rger that rundstadt....Basically here's how i did it. I had a holster from an older model. It was not assigned to the selections list in the various LODS. First I selected all vertices of the new model (holster) then right clicked in the selections to add new selection. I named mine holster of course. holding down cntl i then selected the pelvis selection. holding contl allowed me to keep my new model vertices highlighted while still highlighting the pelvice slections. With everything now highlighted i then right clicked on pelvice and went to redefine. This redefined the pelvis selection to include the new holster model. I then did this with the spine and spine1 selections and TADA...no more holster floating at shoe level. I swear to god I trashed more models last night than I care to talk about. Trial and error...but I figured it out. Now all I need is for someone to teach me about vehicle (uaz in particular) damage models and textures. I got the whole character ones down. bTW I also learned about RVMAT editing last night... good god that tripped me up to. I feel though these little hurdles are useful in gaining a goo understanding. Good luck blood on your models and let me know if you need help. And thank you von Rundstadt for always being an active helpful presence on this forum. I really appreciate guys like you.

Sincerely

Lamar notworthy.gif

PS Von Rundstadt I will post some pics for you as soon as I get my photobucket account working

@Von Rundstedt

as I said I'm very very noob about O2...so in the first place excuse me.

I'm looking to add at np_soldier_mine (by SampleCharacters model) the ventral ammo pouch of sniper model to create a more variable standard Sla unit (also erasing the tankmine on the back).

I'm tryn' to solve the prob inherently the disapper at distance of the added new part. I'm tryn' to follow your hint but there's "something" I don't understood.

I've selected the new ammo pouch, then ctrl C then ctrl V over every LOD (in the O2 box above that containing name selections). This not solve the problem but increase abnormallly the size of the .p3d.

What's wrong? You talk about a second LOD...is it that (stupid question) marked by 2.000 in the lod's box? Or should I paste the selected part over every lod?

Moreover, probably depending by the aforesaid prob, when I put the new model in game it stay underground for half body.

May you kindly explain to me in "better"=more simple way how to solve?

Excuse my english and thank. Regards

Well if you use existing BIS models or parts of them, it becomes very simple. You first copy wanted part from model it is and then you go to model you want to use it for and paste there (perhaps relocate it a bit if you want, not essential in this).

Ok you have managed to do this apparently, rest is simple since you can do this too. First you go to model that has part you want, then select LOD 2.000 and find same part as you just copied, copy it and go to model you want to have it, then you select LOD 2.000 and paste there (and relocate to same place as on LOD 1.000 if you have moved it). Repeat this to all LODs.

LOD stands for Level Of Detail, this means more distance you have between player and this model, less details will reduce impact on computer.

About being half underground is due lack of Skeleton/CfgModel. More about this you can find from here, even if its slightly not correct since you're supposed to have cfgModel seperately from main config, but it will work and does the trick.

Thanks Herr FeldMarschall...for your kindly help. I've solved.

Now I'm going to the skeketon affair!

Best regards