Sign in to follow this  
Apache-LOL-

Hide a group or units on map ingame

Hi

Iam working on a new mission(gametype) with the help of my clanmembers and regulars at LOL, i have a problem , i need to hide a group on the map , when you are ingame and close then you will see the enemy on map and the direction they are moving , sometimes only for a short time but it happens now and then , so i wanna hide west so they are not visible on the map ingame, they should be visible for the players ingame only not on map.

If any of you have any suggestions then pls let met know..

I also need to put in a few time options like ,

No time limt

45 min

60 min

90 mn

120min

Greetings

Apache

... It's called Server Difficulty Settings, extended Map-info I believe it is. Not something you can do anything about on your end as mission maker. AFAIK.

You have to make sure the server has ShowExtendedMapInfo turned off in its difficulti settings, but I don't think it can be changed with scripting.

If turned off, you will then have to use custom markers for players and whatever else you need to display. Don't like that I have to do this, I'd rather have show enemy on map, show friendly on map, and show everything else on map to replace that single show all thingy.

As for time limits:

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Description.ext#Multiplayer

Hi

Well LOL servers run on VET mode but thats not the problem.

Everything else is working now so thats also cool.

After the first beta test i received lots of feedback , so for now its back to the drawing board and make some changes.

Anyways lots of thx for the input

Greets

I think I'm looking for the same thing. I want to hide enemy units until a certain point then unhide them so parachuting in doesn't give away the enemies position.

I thought I could do that by setting a variable to false and ? if the variable is true then the condition of presence is true, but thats only detected at the start of the mission. Any other ideas?