Sign in to follow this  
Commando84

scripts for small things

Hi i wonder is there any small cool mp working atmosphere making scripts like making a soldier take a smoke and other misc stuff?

Would be nice when having bases to have the a.i do some random stuff so players wont be getting such a static experience like they get for an example in evo. tounge2.gif

That would be even better if these anims were included as default "iddle" animations, in Aware or Safe mode.

For example, you can see that sometimes, the soldiers randomly check their weapon or stretch their neck. It would be quite cool to see them smoke, turn round, gather with buddies, walk a bit... This would make them less robotic.

Malick

In QG, there is a scene where a guy interrogates another guy, and the animations are great. He sticks his USP in the guys face, waves his arms around, stomps around etc.

I'd like to know how to use those myself.

That would be even better if these anims were included as default "iddle" animations, in Aware or Safe mode.

For example, you can see that sometimes, the soldiers randomly check their weapon or stretch their neck. It would be quite cool to see them smoke, turn round, gather with buddies, walk a bit... This would make them less robotic.

Malick

Setting a current waypoint to "dismissed" gives each soldier individual & random actions. Never seen one smoke though smile_o.gif

Yeah, I know, that's already a start. In fact, I'd like to see this behaviour in SAFE and/or AWARE mode, when units are idle.

The chance and frequency of a unit doing an idle animation (as cited before) would depend on its state and the type of waypoint. In AWARE, the chance and frequency should be much lower.

Well, I'm day dreaming, as this should be default anims, not an addon.

Malick

G'day, for a smoking man (without smoke of course) you could try,

create a unit and name him

Quote[/b] ]sittingman

in his init

Quote[/b] ]this setBehaviour "safe"

in your mission init add

Quote[/b] ]sittingman switchmove "AmovPsitMstpSlowWrflDnon_Smoking";

or whatever animation you want, or name multiple units for different animations.

Odin