Sign in to follow this  
ChickenHawk

Euro/europe/rapid reaction force.

Brit may join the euro in a few years !!

I am still rather uncertain whether we should join or not as I love my Å. I guess no-one knows if it will help our economy or not. What do all you european mainland peeps think of your euro's? Would you switch back to your old currency?

I think that most governments are trying to unite europe. First the currency and maybe soon the forces. How soon till I swear alliegence to a full european government? You think the Rapid Reaction Force is a good idea?

Europe has some of the worlds best economies, if we do get a United States of Europe then we would probably have a better economy than the USA. Pretty kool huh?

I don't know, I probably wouldn't switch back but this whole Euro thing is still pretty annoying.

I dont think there is a need for a a euro armed force, there are already enough like NATO.

Im not sure if we should have euros or not, it would make stuff cheaper like cars becuase it would be simple to compare prices but then losing the pound.....humn I dont know if I want to.

nah no eurpopean rapid reaction squad but ur welcome to hire the sas when u need them biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

*cough* and SBS *end cough*.

You will have to pay me though

*taps nose*

Yep are money is spent on worthwhile things in Europe. Education, medical care, public transport but I do wonder why the British government bothers as it is damn useless at the last 2. sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (madmike @ Feb. 27 2002,21:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">*cough* and SBS *end cough*.

You will have to pay me though

*taps nose*<span id='postcolor'>

This from a guy who has the SAS badge as his avatar biggrin.gif

I really don't see the point in a European Rapid Reaction Force. Most countries that would be envolved already have military commitments to NATO and the UN. And a Euro force would probibly end up being nothing more than a copy of NATO without US envolvment.

As for Britain entering into the Euro. I think it's a good idea. I mean the way I see it keeping the pound can only serve to create a rift between the U.K. and the rest of the E.U. But I'm no economist. As long as I don't gotta pay more for stuff I'm happy wink.gif .

Well, if you consider that the full political union of Europe is going to be completed within the next 20 years, then I reckon we have to have a European Army. Unifying all the different armies will be VERY difficult, but with the RRF we will have the experience of doing that. Maybe the RRF will be the basis of the forces of the unified Europe, who knows. But I agree with earlier statements that Europe is usually wiser in spending her money (ie NOT into weapons).

But I agree with earlier statements that Europe is usually wiser in spending her money (ie NOT into weapons).

Soo true,europe is going sit there and let big brother(america) take care of them for their lifetime.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (foxer @ Feb. 28 2002,03:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">).

Soo true,europe is going sit there and let big brother(america) take care of them for their lifetime.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, America likes going to war, so we let them have their fun and just keep a close eye on them (and an SAS squad ready) wink.gifbiggrin.gif

Well, America likes going to war, so we let them have their fun and just keep a close eye on them (and an SAS squad ready

true, noone is better at watching than the SAS it seems.