Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

Can i use beta patch 1.09 to play online.

I was wondering, if i install the beta patch will i be able to use it to play online? or does the server have to be 1.09. I'm totally confused about this, so havn't bothered to install it. Any help would be good Thanks!

Yes and yes, with 1.09b you can only play in 1.09b servers but the patch installs like a mod so you can still launch 1.08 and play in 1.08 servers too.

So... after all the crying and whining you havent even bothered to try 1.09b yet? Well someone deserves a good old fashioned beating mad_o.gif .

If you install the 1.09 beta you will be able to play on 1.08 server if you launch the 1.08 shortcut, & the 1.09 if you launch through the 1.09 shortcut.

The server has to be patched to 1.09 if you want to try the 1.09 (there a few servers active (players on it) everytime)

It is also really easy to uninstall (delete the "beta" folder inside "ArmA")

Yes and yes, with 1.09b you can only play in 1.09b servers but the patch installs like a mod so you can still launch 1.08 and play in 1.08 servers too.

So... after all the crying and whining you havent even bothered to try 1.09b yet? Well someone deserves a good old fashioned beating mad_o.gif .

Well the reason i havn't tried it yet, is because there have been other patches out for this game, that in the past have rendered users games unplayable. The only reason i am looking at it now is, I have just got Acronis true image, wich allows me to put my computer back the way it was, should this patch screw my game up.

As for the crying, whining and good old fashioned beating, if somthing disappoints me about the game I'll have my say like anyone else, yes i'll have a moan, but it is a forum after all. So just leave out the daft comments infuture if you want to help on my posts.

btw Thanks!

1. This isn't a troubleshooting issue.

2. There are two pinned 1.09 threads in General which would have sufficed for this question.