Sign in to follow this  
Smehan

Queen's Gambit objects

Does anyone know how I can get objects from the Queen's Gambit add-on? I have searched Biki and these forums without success. In the past I was able to de-pbo the original campain, add them to my missions and view and/or edit scripts and missions to my taste. However, when I de-pbo the Queen's Gambit files and add to my mission folder, they are present, but when I load the mission no objects are visible. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

Some objects can be manually edited into the mission, like you've done, but it sounds like the object's visibility or scope is probably hidden, so you can't use them without a mod which exposes them.

See the sticky Editor Database which has a post on the first page:

Since this question is coming up over an over again:

To have access to more objects than the ones available in the editor you need an "Editor Update".

There exist two versions:

* 6thSense.eu's EditorUpdate, which give you access to objects that already have class names, and are just not listed in the editor (about 400 objects).

* EditorUpdate 1.02 by LowFly, which creates custom classes for every object in ArmA (over 1,000 objects).

This update has to be treated like a custom addon, i.e. if you are using objects from this update in your mission people will need to have this update installed as well to play it. (This is not the case with the first, smaller update).

I believe one or both these mods now support QG.

Big question!!

I placed some object in the mission but now addon require "porto" appear on the list of mission addons?

my question is how I can easy find what's the object that is from porto ?

( I use both Six Editor update and editor 102 )

help.gif

Rubberkite, are you sure it's an object which it is refering to?

It may simply be that your mission is inadvertantly including the porto island terrain addon, assuming your mission is for a different terrain.

Check the first 40 lines of mission.sqm for a line with "porto" like below.

mission.sqm:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">class Mission

{

addOns[]=

{

"cacharacters",

"porto"

};

addOnsAuto[]=

{

"cacharacters",

"porto"

};

Yea, I have both of those editor updates, problem is that neither of them have been updated to v 1.8, or QG objects. Any other suggestions are welcome though.

I ended up in problems because of porto that was hard to find. I disabled the DBE (QG) addon, but still the porto island was required for the mission to start.

Apparently it was the field-toiled (don't ask biggrin_o.gif) that had appeared into the mission from a copy&paste operation from another mission.

But it was a nightmare to nail down what item caused the problem.

Actually, I am not having problems viewing the one Porto mission, I can view and edit that one just fine. I cannot view the campain missions from United Saharani. The map is there and the campain is de-pboed, but cannot view them.