Sign in to follow this  
Cloughy

Dedi Network Settings for local Server

This has been discussed before, but I was wondering if anyone has the idea network settings (MaxMsgSend etc) for a dedi server running on a local lan with 2 clients playing coop maps?

The server specs are, server2003 x64, Q6600 Quad core @ 2.8Ghz, 2 gig DDR2 PC28000 (2 x 1gig), SATA2 HD, P5W DH mobo, using the onboard LAN connected at 1 Gbps.

The coop missions, are fairly big, but not laggy, apart from one where you are clearing Paraiso, but I suspect that is down to the amount of buildings, or the client machine.

Also the coop missions play fine in sp, just seems that the server has issues syncing where ppl are.

I have had a tinker with the settings, but it still seemed a bit jumpy.

I first had the settings in the –config= file (seemed to improve), but then read they should be in the –cfg= file, so added them to that.

Just really wondering if anyone has same setup ish, and has no probs and could share their settings.

Cheers

GC

For LAN, try minErrorToSend = 0.0001;

This should fix your jerkyness problems.

At least patch v1.08 and recommending v1.09

Cheers, seems to helped.

What is the best value to have in the max non guaranteed?

Cheers

GC

running it on a lan u can tinker wthout worry, although the lan port is gigabit what the BW of the router/switcher feeding your other lan clients

this is the settings that are being used on some of our 100Mbit servers and the explanations

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MaxMsgSend=512;        //can be increased on a high performance server

MinErrorToSend=0.008;      //if you're seeing jumping from a long range (11 for linux box)

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512;       //should be as low as the server can handle

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=384;   //higher bandwidth usage but better fps

MinBandwidth=65536000;       // (set to 65mb

MaxBandwidth=104800000;    // set to 100mb/s

u can prolly raise the non guarunteed up to 512 or 768 given as u only have 2 clients to feed

either something like this

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MaxMsgSend=1024;

MinErrorToSend=0.008

MaxSizeGuaranteed=512

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=384;

MinBandwidth=65536000;

MaxBandwidth=104800000;

or

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">MaxMsgSend=768;

MinErrorToSend=0.008

MaxSizeGuaranteed=768

MaxSizeNonguaranteed=512;

MinBandwidth=65536000;

MaxBandwidth=104800000;

obviously altering your min error back to 0.0001

Will give em a pop.

Also, Server and clients all run on 1gbps, hub/switch is 1gbps.

Cheers

GC

in which case ramp up the BW settings from 65~100Mbit to something like 250~350Mbit. i'm guessing you will need to split that Gbit between the 3 clients but i'm not 100%

with that kinds speed the world is your oyster, lol