Sign in to follow this  
Sheps

Basic Inits

Right i've done the searches, i've spent months looking for the most basic inits

such as the command to have a soldier in a car as driver or gunner, can't find it ANYWHERE on the net, checked the wiki, info overload, didn't see what i wanted.

Anyway if anyone can just give me the basic line eg This getin Driver, or something, i have the basic grasp but not the correct one.

Or direct me to a thread i may have overlooked, cheers.

Right i've done the searches, i've spent months looking for the most basic inits

such as the command to have a soldier in a car as driver or gunner, can't find it ANYWHERE on the net, checked the wiki, info overload, didn't see what i wanted.

Anyway if anyone can just give me the basic line eg This getin Driver, or something, i have the basic grasp but not the correct one.

Or direct me to a thread i may have overlooked, cheers.

Sounds pretty impossible that you have checked the Wiki.

You will want to look for

assignAsDriver

moveInDriver

from http://community.bistudio.com/

Also be aware of

unAssignVehicle

Uh thanks guys, but what I'm getting at is the simple code you could use in OFP, where you would type something along the lines of "This getin driver" in the Init in mission editor, and the unit would automatically be in the driver position or what not when you hit the preview.

I mean thats all i ask is whatever the line is?

Because im giving the units name, doing the Unit1 AssignAsGunner Tank1 in the init and it doesn't work..

EDIT: Nvm i found out it was Moveplayer. That will be all

It was a simple task for you to go to the Wiki (Biki) and read about the functions I told you about... not hard.

Sounds like you got it working after all.

We require you to do some of the work by yourself, you know smile_o.gif at least read the references we are pointing you at. Especially when you ask very basic questions.

One thing you could certainly do is to take one or two evenings and read through every scripting function in the Biki. It could help you a lot. Don't care if you understand everything or not, the point is for you to have at least some idea what kind of functions there are.