Sign in to follow this  
Supernova

arma bmp-2 screens

One also has to consider just how accurate the blueprints are too.

Unless you have the actual technical drawings created by the designer and used by the factories, I wouldn't put too much faith in something which may or may not be correct.

I would put no faith into something that is not correct. Just like I put no faith in the publicaly drawn 'blueprints' shown (http://mkmagazin.almanacwhf.ru/armor/bmp_2_2.gif). That is not a blueprint, it is obviously a picture to illustrate aspects of the vehicle, judging by the numbering of seperate parts.

Quote[/b] ]Also, there are SO many different design/production variations of most Soviet designs, that to base judgement on one set of blueprints (accurate or not) isnt entirely a "legitimate" process. I've seen real BMP's of various configuration, and photos of BMP's in even more configurations.
Are you saying that the BMP does not exist because there are several versions of it? It is like saying "Thats not a proper model of a BMP2 because it is a different version to the one I know".

Quote[/b] ]Also, there are SO many different design/production variations of most Soviet designs, that to base judgement on one set of blueprints (accurate or not) isnt entirely a "legitimate" process. I've seen real BMP's of various configuration, and photos of BMP's in even more configurations.

Are you saying that the BMP does not exist because there are several versions of it? It is like saying "Thats not a proper model of a BMP2 because it is a different version to the one I know".

No, I'm saying that "saying something is inaccurate because it doesnt match the ONE image or set of blueprints you have is not entirely "legitimate"."

The point is, and especially so with eastern hardware, that there are so many variations of things like the BMP or T-72 that to say one model isnt right based on a few images is ludicrous.

(And just to make this post as crazy as it can possibly get, when you say "Thats not a proper model of a BMP2 because it is a different version to the one I know", thats actually what Universal was saying, so I said that saying that was wrong. crazy_o.gif )

How in heaven's name does that follow? He's saying that lots of different kinds of BMPs exist, not that they don't exist at all.

(And just to make this post as crazy as it can possibly get, when you say "Thats not a proper model of a BMP2 because it is a different version to the one I know", thats actually what Universal was saying, so I said that saying that was wrong. crazy_o.gif )

Lol, I feel like a retard. biggrin_o.gif

You are saying exactly the same thing as me.

what is this thread about?

What difference does it make if the BMP-2 model is different in ArmA then in OPF, and what difference does it make if some minor details don't compare to some diagram drawing?