Sign in to follow this  
ProwlerWolf

Roads

Alright I am stuck and maybe someone could help me out with this. I would like to start building roads and I followed the road tutorial in this forum and read through the BIS manual and I just can't figure it out. What the hell am I missing here?

Also learning how to place forests would be really helpful too.

You followed the instruction in this thread?:

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....t=70623

It's pretty complete - what part exactly is causing you difficulties?

As far as forests go, I find the random object placement script does the trick with less work than the forest tool.

http://www.flashpoint1985.com/cgi-bin....+script

The part where your supposed to add the roads into the straight part window. I get an error "Object doesn't follow requirements for road object. (Are all named points present?)" and I tried pretty much ALL of the road objects. Damn these names too lol

Now if the tutorial is correct then I assume I just import an island, open the Tools>Roads... and follow the tutorial as logic would dictate. Where is this extra step I am missing? Does it have something to do with these "Key Points"?

I realize that I am not supposed to use un-packaged roads. I don't see how I could not be using the ones that were packaged with Visitor. I am just not sure how to check if the objects in P:\CA\roads are legit or not. I have tried pretty much everything I could think of but I just can't wrap my brain around this problem. If there is something I am missing then why is it not in the tutorial? :P

I just went and played with buldozer to create some even parts for the roads but when I exited out the changes didn't save. An hour wasted and no closer to a solution. banghead.gif

Quote[/b] ]I just went and played with bulldozer to create some even parts for the roads but when I exited out the changes didn't save

Alt-tab between Visitor and Bulldozer and save frequently. Took me a while to realize this myself - and the fact that Bulldozer is "live", ie what I did in Visitor appeared in Bulldozer immediately. And vice versa. Just be sure you save in V3 before shutting down Bulldozer.

Here is my Roads folder which contains files which I know work. delete yours and replace with this:

http://www.sendspace.com/file/sgfkse

The only roads types which function as roads in Visitor are:

asf10 100.p3d

asf10 25.p3d

asf10 50.p3d

asf10 75.p3d

asf12.p3d

asf25.p3d

asf6.p3d

asf6konec.p3d

asf6_prechod.p3d

ces10 100.p3d

ces10 25.p3d

ces10 50.p3d

ces10 75.p3d

ces12.p3d

ces25.p3d

ces6.p3d

ces6konec.p3d

ces_d10 100.p3d

ces_d10 25.p3d

ces_d10 50.p3d

ces_d10 75.p3d

ces_d12.p3d

ces_d25.p3d

ces_d6.p3d

ces_d6konec.p3d

kos10 100.p3d

kos10 25.p3d

kos10 50.p3d

kos10 75.p3d

kos12.p3d

kos25.p3d

kos6.p3d

kos6konec.p3d

kr_asfaltka_asfaltka_t.p3d

kr_asfaltka_cesta_t.p3d

kr_asfaltka_sil_t.p3d

kr_new_asf_asf_t.p3d

kr_new_asf_ces_t.p3d

kr_new_asf_sil_t.p3d

kr_new_kos.p3d

kr_new_kos_kos_t.p3d

kr_new_kos_sil_t.p3d

kr_new_silxsil.p3d

kr_new_sil_asf_t.p3d

kr_new_sil_ces_t.p3d

kr_new_sil_kos_t.p3d

kr_new_sil_sil_t.p3d

kr_new_sil_sil_t_test.p3d

kr_silnicexsilnice.p3d

kr_silnice_asfaltka_t.p3d

kr_silnice_cesta_t.p3d

kr_silnice_silnice_t.p3d

sil10 100.p3d

sil10 25.p3d

sil10 50.p3d

sil10 75.p3d

sil12.p3d

sil25.p3d

sil6.p3d

sil6konec.p3d

sil6_prechod.p3d

Silnice_mesto_6.p3d

Silnice_mesto_LP_6.p3d

Silnice_mesto_predX_6.p3d

Silnice_mesto_T_12.p3d

Silnice_mesto_X_12.p3d

Silnice_mesto_zJZ.p3d

Silnice_mesto_zVS.p3d

Silnice_mesto_zZJ.p3d

Silnice_mesto_zZS.p3d

The other roads can be used, but they have to added as Artificial Objects. You have to place them manually and then also manually place the invisible road types on top of them to get them to function as roads, ie with speed bonus for vehicles, etc.

Hope this helps.

After extensive use the abbreviated Czech file names become familiar.

My hero! That did the trick. yay.gif

Thanks for going to the trouble of uploading the road folder, you rock.

speaking of fun another hour of land editing in buldozer GONE. Alt tabbed and saved it this time. Are you supposed to select Save As...? Or is there another way to save it?

Yeah i noticed that too that you must save from "save as", the quick save doesnt seem to work for me too. sad_o.gif

Yeah i noticed that too that you must save from "save as", the quick save doesnt seem to work. sad_o.gif

Works for me provided that I've previously saved and named the file with a .pew extension.

That I tried, in all my tests neither Save, Save as.., or even the blue disk save button work at saving anything from buldozer. Wtf?

When you "save as" you have to type in the ".pew" manually - V3 doesn't do this like a normal program. Once done, the quick save works fine.

When nothing worked I decided to uninstall and try upgrading to the "RC3" tools from another thread that was just posted and my problem has been bumped from not being able to save buldozer, to not being able to RUN buldozer.

I get a "Error creating Direct 3D 9 graphical engine."

Wow I didn't think to run CCleaner. That fixed it but guess what! LOL yup something else is broken. Check this out.

2224551944_134582d700_b.jpg

Not to worry, I think this requires uninstalling, Registry Clean, and fresh install of Arma. I need to do it anyways since I have a config error in my editors map list. I'm sure there is a way to fix it but I would rather work with a fresh Arma. I'm gonna catch up with sleep and let you guys know what I find out. Thanks for all the help.

goodnight.gif

You guys obviously know something I don't so spill it :P

And yeah I figured it out or at least it seems to have fixed itself in my sleep. I'll put my guess on user error and just move on. The previous version didn't have this box pointer thing in it so it confused the hell out of me. Maybe next time I will make sure I have the correct version of the tools before posting.

whistle.gif

I've got the same problem with this Roads-Tool. When I want to add a part, the mentioned error message appears. The posted dl-link for the working roads is down. sad_o.gif

greetz

You need the mlod roads that came with the rc3 tools installation, depboing the roads from arma will not work as they are binarized and do not have the snap-to points that the mlod roads have.

The rc3 tools installation can also install the tools drive when you are installing the tools, this is in fact your p:\ drive, ot working folder.

Inside you will find a ca folder, which has the mlod road folder within.

Planck