Sign in to follow this  
Apache-LOL-

Ai cant drive

Hi

When i work in editor and i wanna have a convoy then this is almost impossible , a car or tank with Ai driving is not possible .

This problem we had also with OFP and the same is going on now with ArmA .

Is this problem going to be fixed ? in the new patch perhaps?

Greets

Maybe try Mission Editing section here on the forums as I know of several missions with convoys

BIS's "Convoy Ambush" has worked right up through the patches.

I know it sounds ridiculous but, put TONS of waypoints down. Like, every 4 or 8 meters, set them to safe, limited speed, and they do what you want.

The speeding is where the problem comes in. But really, how often is a convoy of trucks and tanks going to be moving 100MPH?

You've made sure that all of the units in the convoy are part of the same group and that group is in a column formation?

As a comment to the speed of motor columns. In FDF we usually had a motor column speed of 60 km/h or 70 km/h depending on the vehicles in the column. This was of course in good roads, not in rough and narrow unsurfaced forest roads. There were no tanks driving in these columns. The tanks were transported over longer distances on trailers or on trains. Over short distances they most often had their own columns with no wheeled vehicles going in the same column (I think this can likely change in wartime so that trucks don't go so much on their own).

Some vehicles, like some trailers, have a speed limit of 60 km/h. So that often determined the maximum speed of the whole motor column. Sometimes different motor columns were formed to allow faster vehicles go at their own rate and not be stuck in the 60 km/h limit though.

80 km/h starts to be at the top of the speed range of some of our vehicles, so it was not often used as the ordered speed of a motor column as those vehicles could have trouble keeping up with the faster vehicles.

Individually, I sometimes drove as fast as the vehicle could go which was somewhere between 85-100 km/h with the ZIL-131. Depending on the exact truck I had. Some went only 85 km/h, some went faster rofl.gif I think even more than 100 km/h was possible if no uphill and no load onboard. I can tell you that is one hell of a speed with that vehicle! It's scary actually. I once passed a long motor column going at 60 km/h by going flat-out past them in a motorway, and the other trucks were honking, laughing and cheering for me, oh the good times... maybe they didn't believe their eyes, a ZIL going that fast!

biggrin_o.gif

In off-road I actually seriously struggled once to keep up with BMP's. I was driving my ZIL-131 behind some BMP's, and when we went into a muddy 'tank groove' as we called it, I had to go as fast as I possibly could to keep up with the BMP's. And the speed was low. There I could clearly see what the difference between tracked and wheeled vehicles can be off-road.

Okay I stop here so you won't need to hear even more army memories.