Sign in to follow this  
c_hathcock

Uk server host?

Hi guys, Ive been looking for a Host for a while now, cant seem to find any for arma!

Its for a private 10 slot server running the evolution maps!

Any links very much appreciated!

Thanks

You can check out www.jolt.co.uk, particularly the section on "uberservers". Arma is not on the list of games but if you request arma when you place the order they will do that for you smile_o.gif

squadserver.co.uk  if you want a good power server with cheat protection.

RN Escobar

Advertising on this forum is forbidden.

4) Advertising commercial products

Do not advertise any commercial products other than those of BIS/BIA on the forums without prior BIS/BIA approval.

A personal opinion on who is better is fine but given you have openly admitted you work for them, as well as pass your professional judgement on a rival has effectively advertised your product.

PR 48Hours and +1 WL

omg he was only being useful and answering the question that this thread is about. Hardly aggresive advertising. Aggresive forum moderation more like.

The Susser, perhaps you had better review the forum rules yourself.

Now, last I checked, this thread was about finding a server, not about how the forum is moderated. Let's keep it on topic before we all find out what "aggressive forum moderation" is really like.

I also did research into finding a suitable hosting provider. I currently use my own broadband down20Gb/up786Mb but it's really only good enough for testing.

I quite liked the look of this mob.

http://www.gamehosters.co.uk/?page=index

edit: PS that's aggressive, not aggresive, Susser! smile_o.gif

edited again to correct my broadband speeds

The problematic issue at hand is RN Escobar touting for business on these forums by praising his servers and putting down another, that is simply not on and was correctly dealt with by a moderator, it's perhaps a grey line in how to deal with the issue but I think anyone with a modicum of common sense should be able to understand what is acceptable and what isn't:

Joe Bloggs: can recommend a server that he has experience with and say what is good about them.

Rep from squadserver: can name their server and give the website and that's it.

Joe Bloggs who uses squadserver: can name them, give their website, say that he likes about them.

Hope that's cleared up the matter now? If not people are free to PM me, they're not however free to attack the moderators who give up their free time to use it for serving the greater good of the community.

we use a company called Uk gamer.

You rent a Server box, its up to you what you install on it or how much you install on it and you have full FTP & VNC remote access to configure things as you like. Im at work, so i dont have the website to hand right now.

we use a company called Uk gamer.

. Im at work, so i dont have the website to hand right now.

http://www.ukgservers.com/

They don't have a standard server with ArmA or OFP so you'd need one of their dedicated boxes which do look a little expensive to me.