Sign in to follow this  
CSS_Hayzee

Cannot reinstall....getting file copy error

uninstalled game...trying to reinstall, will not finish installing....getting this error message:

file copy error (CRC does not match)

C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\Campaigns\ca.pbo

anyone have any idea whats going on here??? help.gif

First, manually erase all data left in "C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\"

Check your ArmA DVD, if it is scratched or not.

Try to reinstall; if you have again this message, then you maybe have hard disk problem.

Do a scandisk (My Computer -> Right-click on C:\ -> Tools -> Scandisk) to fully check your drive.

If nothing found, open the window and throw your computer right away (just joking of course tounge2.gif )

Good luck !

thanks lou....had already erased all data...not sure what i did, but it finally took..

CRC errors is most of the time a damaged dvd/cd, try to copy all the files from the dvd into a map on the hd and look if that works, if that also gives an error your dvd is probabely damaged,

uninstalled game...trying to reinstall, will not finish installing....getting this error message:

file copy error (CRC does not match)

C:\Program Files\Atari\ArmA\Campaigns\ca.pbo

anyone have any idea whats going on here??? help.gif

CRC Errors mean that the data that your Computer is using is corrupt, this happened with one of my patches which essentially meaned that the download was corrupt.

In your case there may be a scratch on the DVD, check for it and try and smooth it over. If not, you may have to install from another source and use your CD Key for activation. smile_o.gif