Sign in to follow this  
DaV!d Armstrong

Gasmasks in arma 2 and the toxic gas.

Hallo guys,i'm new here.. smile_o.gif

I thought that would be a good idea to post it here,so i will do so.I mean,what we actually needed in a Infantry Simulation like ArmA or ArmA 2 were gasmask and toxic gas.It is realistic and we can simulate the reaction with our friends how to react if the enemy droped toxic gas.Put the gasmasks on and get worse sight,i mean like in your "new" fog effects on ArmA 2 (BIS knows what i mean).But the toxic gas should comes up higher than that fog.I hope this isn't really hard to make an Gasmask addon,like from Operation Flashpoint Community addons.With the option to put it on,and put it off,like with the NV on ArmA (1).Guys.. i can speak hours about that idea,because that would be so great and would make me and very many players happy about that "new original" feature,from the house of Bohemia Interactive Studios,not from the modders.I mean this is easier if you put it into ArmA 2 than we download it from some mod,and it is better for people who don't know how to download and install an addon made by community.

ps: What do you think about that guys?

http://www1.istockphoto.com/file_th....und.jpg <-Russian Gasmask

http://wing.chez-alice.fr/USA/airborne/Assault_Gas_Mask.jpg <-US Airborne Gasmask

Greetings

DaV!d Armstrong xmas_o.gif

This is possible now with scripts and addons  wink_o.gif

You don't understand,i would be happy about to see it in ArmA 2.And no,it isn't possible,because we haven't any gasmask addons/models...

And if i will pay for this game,i want to see that feature made by bis,and not from the communtiy.

I understand very well, but I think this is not priority for BIS.

I know more interesting things for improvement gameplay than toxis gas and gas masks.

I understand very well, but I think this is not priority for BIS.

I know more interesting things for improvement gameplay than toxis gas and gas masks.

This is an intresting thing!  wink_o.gif

I think BIS should put all features made by the community of OFP and ArmA to ArmA 2.And i think this is feature is one of them.What about sunglases and other customization parts?They should be also integrated to this game.

p.s. You know more intresting things than this? biggrin_o.gif

AEG is better! nener.gif

Greetings

DaV!d Armstrong  

Guest Ti0n3r

Sounds like a useless waste of time to me, unless chemical warfare will actually be part of the campaign, which I doubt wink_o.gif

Sounds like a useless waste of time to me, unless chemical warfare will actually be part of the campaign, which I doubt wink_o.gif

Useless waste of time? You got no idea,your opinion is inacceptable!

looks to me that you may be playing the wrong game.

have you tried S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? that may be the game for you.

like others have posted, its a wate of time.

there are other far more important things to add to ArmAII than cheesy usless gimicks that add nothing to the overall gameplay/simulation.

build us the best sandbox and we'll make the castles.

I think it would be interesting because they could offer a wider range of missions and add a bit to the atmosphere of the game.

Gimmicks don't have to be bad. Used properly they add more to the gameplay and make the game overall more interesting.

looks to me that you may be playing the wrong game.

have you tried S.T.A.L.K.E.R.? that may be the game for you.

No,i'm not playing the wrong game.This is a suggestions thread,so everybody can post what he would see on ArmA 2.

I was playing OFP for 4 years,and than ArmA,so i have idea what i'm talking about.

Your argument doesn't have sense,i think you should go play Counter Strike or something.And now please post suggestive arguments,and stop bitchin to others.

Sounds like someone is on the verge of a tantrum... icon_rolleyes.gif

Besides that, gasmasks have no relevance to the game whatsoever, unless they are used in a mission in the campaign.

If they're not in the game, don't cry; buy it for PC and wait until someone makes an addon for it, or go play Farmland.

(I hope console users get addon support as well. wink_o.gif)

Sounds like someone is on the verge of a tantrum...  icon_rolleyes.gif

Besides that, gasmasks have no relevance to the game whatsoever, unless they are used in a mission in the campaign.

If they're not in the game, don't cry; buy it for PC and wait until someone makes an addon for it, or go play Farmland.

ArmA 2 for console? That's not really my scene.In my opinion ArmA 2 make only sense for PC.I see that doesn't make sense here.You don't see the fact,"the more features than the better game".

ArmA 2 for console? That's not really my scene.In my opinion ArmA 2 make only sense for PC.I see that doesn't make sense here.You don't see the fact,"the more features than the better game".

Hm; it'll be doubtful today's hardware will be able to run ArmA 2 at max, it'll be relatively future-proof.

Besides, IIRC; BF2142 has tons of features, but it sucks when it comes down to it, too complicated, everythings nerfed, etc., etc. huh.gif

Besides, it's not about how many features are in a game, it's about how good the included ones are and how relevant to the game itself the feature is.

Hm; it'll be doubtful today's hardware will be able to run ArmA 2 at max, it'll be relatively future-proof.

Besides, IIRC; BF2142 has tons of features, but it sucks when it comes down to it, too complicated, everythings nerfed, etc., etc.  huh.gif

Besides, it's not about how many features are in a game, it's about how good the included ones are and how relevant to the game itself the feature is.

ROFL! bf2142...

Why you start talking about this game? I was talking about ArmA and ArmA 2,and damn yeah,it is important if ArmA 2 have more features than ArmA.

I bet you are a ArmA newbie (<- don't take it to serious,or don't be mad about that),who really never played OFP or other Combat Simulations.That's the problem! BIS shouldn't listen to guys like you.They should listen to guys who was always paying for every game made by BIS...

Gasmasks are not good, other features are much importander than this shit.

Oh, I see Amstrong made the Topic, so this was to await.

Gasmasks are not good, other features are much importander than this shit.

Oh, I see Amstrong made the Topic, so this was to await.

Before you start to bitchi'n around,go and buy an English book.I can't see any meaningful argument in your post.You concentrate on my person and not on the Thread.Tell me,why you call gas masks shit? Your whole post is full of spelling errors and sounds like from a little kid,you should reword it.

Go and jump out of the window.

Hm, I see you are the average, offensive, stereotypical archtype of an American. biggrin_o.gif

If you had actually read my post, you would see I was offering an example that "features don't make a good game" and using BF2142 as that example.

And no, I am not an "ArmA Newbie"; I have actually played and made missions for OFP.

Hm, I see you are the average, offensive, stereotypical archtype of an American.  biggrin_o.gif

If you had actually read my post, you would see I was offering an example that "features don't make a good game" and using BF2142 as that example.

And no, I am not an "ArmA Newbie"; I have actually played and made missions for OFP.

I told you mate,don't be mad about my post.It was something like a question. wink_o.gif

I enjoy the whole ArmA noobs.They are coming from other games,like Counter Strike,Battlefield,or other shit games,and are telling me about the sense of ArmA or OFP.  rofl.gif

Wow, sounds like my whole post blew over your head.

I'll try to make it simplier this time:

According to what you said, "...More features make a game better..."; I replied "look at BF2142, it has lots of features...yet it's rather mediocre..."

You, in your rather arrogant view, took this as hostile and said that I shouldn't talk about BF2142 in this forum; when I used it as an example to disprove your theory.

You then proceeded to disregard my post a second time; still in the mindset that I have not played OFP or ArmA, and saying that I shouldn't speak of matters which I have no knowledge thereof.

To which I am replying:

1) Please, actually read and understand what I am saying.

2) Gasmasks would have no relevance to the game, unless during the campaign you are required to use them; or wait until someone makes an addon for it.

3) Battlefield kicks ass

I know what you talki'n about.

You mean Battlefield 2142 got very many features but that sux anyway.

Damn right! It does.

But ArmA 2 can't be a shity game.

OFP,ArmA and ArmA 2 are the best Infatry Simulations of the World.

It is impossible that ArmA 2 will be a shity game,cuz you know i'm a real fan of OFP also made by BIS,and they progressed steadily...

I just want the 100% from BIS this time,not like on ArmA v1.0 when i was playing with 15 frames. *LOL*

DaV!d Armstrong

You may not like or appreciate other peoples opinions and have certain views on who should and should not submit ideas, but to speak to people in the manner you have ellected is not tolerable.

Calm down or you will be taking a break from posting here.

Thankyou smile_o.gif

Damn right! It does.

It is impossible that ArmA 2 will be a shity game,cuz you know i'm a real fan of OFP also made by BIS,and they progressed steadily...

I just want the 100% from BIS this time,not like on ArmA v1.0 when i was playing with 15 frames. *LOL*

ArmA 2 can't suck?

My sir, ArmA 1 sucks, how can you say ArmA 2 WON'T suck? The only redeeming quality of ArmA, IMHO, is it's near real graphics and rather script-friendly design.

Everything else, the flight physics, controls, responsiveness, patches; it all sucks.

Saying ArmA 2 won't suck is like saying OFP2 will suck, which it prolly will . confused_o.gif

I like how everyone's bashing Armstrong for suggesting including CW, while not knowing that NBC defense is a highly important part of soldier training and absolutely essential (like it or not) if you're going to call any future game a "infantry sim".

@Rhodite: That wasn't bad mind.Sorry.. wink_o.gif

@Jeff2121: Everybody says that ArmA sux,but everybody play it.This is so funny!  rofl.gif

@galbaldy:Yes,thats so true.

Damn right! It does.

ArmA 2 can't suck?

My sir, ArmA 1 sucks, how can you say ArmA 2 WON'T suck? The only redeeming quality of ArmA, IMHO, is it's near real graphics and rather script-friendly design.

Everything else, the flight physics, controls, responsiveness, patches; it all sucks.

Saying ArmA 2 won't suck is like saying OFP2 will suck, which it prolly will . confused_o.gif

Jeff2121

This thread is about gasmasks in ArmA2 as far as I can see. If you don't have anything to say about a certain topic then leave it. For comments like yours we have the ArmA feedback thread.

Always funny how people already know how ArmA2 will be judging from its predecessor and some screenshots. icon_rolleyes.gif

Stay on ladies and gents.