Sign in to follow this  
Dudester

What do i do to flush the graphics card in game

what do i do to flush the graphics card in game. I have forgot, I know i have to hit a certain key and type Flush, but do i have to type flush in lower case or what. Thanks!

shift+numpad minus (-)

Then type

flush

Pressed left shift held it and pressed minus (-) typed flush, but nothing happened anyother way of doing this. Btw my left shift is for sprint now. But i put my keys to default and still this doesnt work.

shift+numpad minus (-)

Then type

flush

Pressed left shift held it and pressed minus (-) typed flush, but nothing happened anyother way of doing this. Btw my left shift is for sprint now. But i put my keys to default and still this doesnt work.

Be sure its numpad minus (The one all the way on the right of your keyboard.) The - next to your 0 button doesnt work.

shift+numpad minus (-)

Then type

flush

Be sure its numpad minus (The one all the way on the right of your keyboard.) The - next to your 0 button doesnt work.

Yes i pressed the right key (-). What you said to do doesnt work. I held down left shift and pressed the minus (-) button. I then typed flush. Is there another way of doing this, or does anyone else know how to do this Thanks!

shift+numpad minus (-)

Then type

flush

Yes i pressed the right key (-). What you said to do doesnt work. I held down left shift and pressed the minus (-) button. I then typed flush. Is there another way of doing this, or does anyone else know how to do this Thanks!

I just tested it and it works fine here..

Hold shift

press '-'

release '-'  

release shift

type 'flush'          (without the '' )

I was confused about this also. Does the text your typing in not actually appear on screen, is it kind of like an "old skool" cheat? I was expecting a command line or some thing to appear.

There is no command line when you do this.

The shift and minus is the invisible cheat keyboard activator, anything you type after that will be detected to see if its a valid cheat/command.

The only way you know if something is valid is a little black box with white text appears after you've done it right saying what you've done (FLUSH ACTIVATED etc..)

what u mean by flush ?

Flushing the graphics card ... it refreshes the textures so they look better if they go crazy. (Unscientific Explanation) tounge2.gif

what u mean by flush ?

Flushing the graphics card ... it refreshes the textures so they look better if they go crazy. (Unscientific Explanation)  tounge2.gif

your explanation is ok smile_o.gif

this could avoid game crashes on long time games ??

thank u for the answer

If your crashes are a result of "overfilling" the gfx card memory, then yes, it can help avoiding crashes.