Sign in to follow this  
ricki

Rocko_ils

Quote[/b] ]Being contacted and asked for permission or even collaboration.

Yes, there seems to be a habit forming. Where slapping your name over someone elses addons, scripts, missions or ideas. Suddenly makes it yours.

IMHO it should have been:

OFPEC_ILS_ADDON

Credit to rocko for packaging the scripts into an addon.

Not saying that was rocko's intention. Only, no matter how many times you add credits in a readme, or anywhere but the name itself. Over time, people eventually make the wrong assumption.

Mandoble my old friend. smile_o.gif

Please do not overreact. confused_o.gif

We did not know the background about the absence of contact

and permission request. We fully agree with you guys about this!

I am sure Ricki will clear this up and make up for the correct way.

He is a good guy AFAIK, you are Ricki eh. smile_o.gif

Stavanger - could you please remove the mirror until the issue is cleared out. Cheers.

Not saying that was rocko's intention.

I'm pretty sure it was NOT the Rocko intention, it was just how things here evolved.

OFPEC ILS MOD by rocko

Thats how armaholic calls the file.

The included readme states he has permission from Hoz to release this otherwise (which I actually was starting to do when I read it) I would have contacted OFPEC about this release.

Mandoble, are you saying the permission written in the readme is actually not true?

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=2517

Anyone may use the ILS scripts for their missions or addons, but in this case the addon is the ILS itself, so the end result is 99.99% the original product with the name and the author changed. This is different than creating an F15 and then, as an added toy, include the ILS for your plane.

About the permission present in your page, I will consult Hoz, but I'm pretty sure he was not giving any premission to convert the ILS to an standalone addon just changing the name and the author.

You know pretty well that this was a promotional resource for OFPEC site, you know pretty well we asked for no redistributions and your site kindly linked to our site instead of mirroring it. In this case, Rocko ILS is 99.999% OFPEC ILS, and now in your site it is present as ROCKO_ILS.pbo.

You know pretty well that this was a promotional resource for OFPEC site, you know pretty well we asked for no redistributions and your site kindly linked to our site instead of mirroring it. In this case, Rocko ILS is 99.999% OFPEC ILS, and now in your site it is present as ROCKO_ILS.pbo.

You sound as if you are now blamming armaholic.

The title we give the file is still including the OFPEC name as well as the author is mentioned correctly (not the name of the file itsef, indeed we dont rename files, never done and never will).

As you stated we linked to OFPEC with the original release but since in this readme it says Hoz approved this you cant blame us we mirrored it this time. We did it in good trust all was as how it should have been regarding credits and permission.

So readme's are no longer to be trusted?

Anyway, file is disabled with a message.

I am just afraid that this mod will spread further down the ladder as rocko_ILS instead of OFPEC_ILS_addon by Rocko. For example, they download the OFPEC ILS to addon by rocky from armaholic, which is called ils_rocko.zip and then someone downloads it and puts it up on their fansite for ArmA as 'Rocko releases ILS addon'.

So what about this addon now?

I have already added bikey to our server:

http://www.1stcav.pl/ftp/arma/keys/

I really like this ILS script... Can you pls release

this addon again but with OFPEC ILS by Rocko.zip name?

It's really great addon for someone who like flying, also in MP wink_o.gif

Hi,

just to make things clear. I intended to do this private but public seems more suitable for me.

Permission issue:

hoz.jpg

leads to credit issue:

quote from actual readme.txt

Quote[/b] ]OFPEC ILS v1.0 MOD by rocko [-=LSD=-] - 2007

as well as:

Quote[/b] ]

Credits:

--------

FULL credit to:

Bedges

Hezzy

Hoz

Mandoble

Planck

THEY made the script that I used in this mod !!!

visit www.ofpec.com

and:

Quote[/b] ]

Disclaimer:

-----------

Permission given by Hoz.

Naming the .pbo:

quote from OFPEC TAG Information site

http://www.ofpec.com/index.php?option=com_tags&task=info

Quote[/b] ]

OFP Tags must be used for all of the following:

Global variables

Global function names

New classes (in config.cpp files)

P3D names

Addon PBO names

Expectations from OFPEC to release FIRST in their boards (for what ever reasons) sounds ridiculous to me, as this mod utilises an existing original resource.

Seeing one of the OFPEC staff complaining about several things in his THIRD post, after posting 2 times before where no complains were brought, is a lack of reclamation as it just came "too late". Why not earlier Mandoble ?

The wish for not redistributing the resource is decrepit, as this is a mod and not a modified script. I suppose this is how it's meant.

Result 1:

Sticking to OFPEC rules and even giving proper credits is a crime.

Result 2:

I became insulted from one of the guys involved for so called "robbery" as mirror hosters just renamed the resource (which is not in my hands).

Anyways I am not a f*cker and will ignore both results.

The resource has been deleted in the initial post.

I insist that all current mirror hosters delete this mod from their FTPs to stop it`s spreading.

Those who have followed the discussion can make their own point of view from the facts I gave.

Sorry that things have turned into this. Those of you who already have downloaded the mod, be glad that you can use it.

It's a shame that ppl take things too seriously to give away great things to the community, for a wrong naming of a mod.

Just my opinion. So the resource is not distributed anymore.

I am thinking of going for a private release -  I am not going to ask for a colaboration with OFPEC, not after the last PM from a certain member, who obviously has no clue of their own webpage nor has read the readme at all.

Sarcasm is intended.

So long

Best regards and merry Xmas to all of you wink_o.gif

rocko