Sign in to follow this  
Aculaud

How does the russian ofp community feel about ofp?

For some reason, this was just on my mind. Ofp is an international game, and i'm sure there are Russian gamers out there that play it. The origional campeign and nearly all of the official quick missions, and just about everything else with the exception of Red Hammer is against the Russians. I was just curious, how do you feel about this? Does Red Hammer make up for it?

As for me Red Hummer against russians too... I wrote about it in topic "Just a simple question to BIS"...All my friends who played this game told me that there is no REALLY russian campaign made ever... And they're right. I hope that BIS makes something good for russians too, after resistens ofcoz.

Sure OFP is GREAT game... Ive never seen such interesting and realistic sim... And it very popular in Russia.

BTW we havent got a local copy yet, It will appear in the spring...

Oh come on now, the Russians in OFP aren't 'real' Russians. They are lead by Guba, who is a renegade. The real Russians are back home in Russia, disapproving of what is happening in the Malden islands.

And let's face it, if there was a campaign based solely around playing a Russian (against NATO), a lot of people wouldn't buy it.

how about a campaign with "Real" Russian forces go out against the Renegade ones?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Dogi] @ Feb. 26 2002,12:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how about a campaign with "Real" Russian forces go out against the Renegade ones?<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds good. smile.gif Maybee in future. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Random @ Feb. 26 2002,12:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh come on now, the Russians in OFP aren't 'real' Russians. They are lead by Guba, who is a renegade. The real Russians are back home in Russia, disapproving of what is happening in the Malden islands.

And let's face it, if there was a campaign based solely around playing a Russian (against NATO), a lot of people wouldn't buy it.<span id='postcolor'>

You read my mind.

I think I saw somewhere russians making a campaign/missions where you play as russian.

They were good, well I just played the first mission: as a spetznaz making an attack on a beach, and I read the briefings of the other missions.

I don't think that nobody will buy an add-on where you play as russian. Not all who bought red hammer knew the plot before buying it, they just knew that it's a "Russian Campaign".

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Random @ Feb. 26 2002,13:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And let's face it, if there was a campaign based solely around playing a Russian (against NATO), a lot of people wouldn't buy it.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont agree. For me its the same thing with movies or books. If I see a move, e.g Enemy at the gates, I still cheer for the russian guy. I dont think the movie would be any better if the story was about an american sniper. Its the angle of the film that makes it interesting.

Same thing with games i recon...

Every story/game/book/movie that are fiction must have one good side and a bad one. In this case (OFP) NATO is the good guys and the renegade russian officer the bad one. Could have been the opposite - I dont think it would have mattered.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([Dogi] @ Feb. 26 2002,13:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">how about a campaign with "Real" Russian forces go out against the Renegade ones?<span id='postcolor'>

Now THAT would be a fine campaign to play! As I posted under another thread it would be an internal conflict for Russia. After all there were and might still be alot of groups there that are still against each other. well maybe not alot but you know what I mean. It would be nice for a change to have Russia save the day instead of USA (no offence to USA of course)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Random @ Feb. 26 2002,13:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And let's face it, if there was a campaign based solely around playing a Russian (against NATO), a lot of people wouldn't buy it.<span id='postcolor'>

I'd buy it biggrin.gif

yep, the lack of a real russian campaign is a bit of a turnoff for me. Heck there's also only one official single mission where you play as the russians (Revenge). So I just go & look for good user-made missions where you play as the Russians.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Feb. 26 2002,17:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">yep, the lack of a real russian campaign is a bit of a turnoff for me. Heck there's also only one official single mission where you play as the russians (Revenge). So I just go & look for good user-made missions where you play as the Russians.<span id='postcolor'>

Made your own russian missions.

As an American, i would buy a Campaign add-on that pits "real" russians against Guba's men. Hell i'd buy a Campaign that would pit the Russians against NATO, or the Germans in WW2 vs the Allies.

Imagine a mission where both the US and Russians are fighting side-by-side against a common foe. "Operation Red Apple Pie" wink.gif

I'd love to see good multinational cold war-era campaign with entire Warsaw pact vs. NATO. You could have campaigns for both sides in that one, so nobody would complain for it being partial.

It would be great to optionally play as Pact allies like USSR, East-Germans, Czech, Hungarian, Polish, etc. and NATO countries like West-Germany, France, UK, USA, Norway etc. wink.gif

Call it Red Storm Rising or whatever...maybe a mod if BIS is not interested?

These campaigns should let you decide who you want to fight for and stick to it. I really enjoyed Red Hammer - up until the execution of the civilians and the compulsory change of sides. Why wasn't there any civilian killing in the US campaign. If this is based on reports of war crimes in Afghanistan etc, the US army weren't exactly perfect in Vietnam either. I want a campaign where you can fight as the Russians and feel good about it.

totally. The US isnt perfect at all. About the war in Afganistan, Apperantly, we're droping food parcels and cluster bombs in the same areas, and its not un common for children to get ahold of the bomblets believing that they contain food. The US isnt perfect in the slightest, so i agree with that. At the very least, either Get Russia on par with NATO (in the game), or bring NATO down to where Russia is portrayed.