Sign in to follow this  
Stewy

I'm looking for bush hat stitching tex?

G'day guys,

I know Ebud has released a VERY comprehensive PS file with all of the textures/ stitching marked out in layers for the uniform - but has someone got a layer for the stitching on the bushhat?  I'm just doing some experimenting with some textures at the moment smile_o.gif

Thanks gang

Stew

Hi,

It is relatively easy to do it yourself. You take the appropriate blabla_nohq.paa file (which one depends on which figure with a boonie hat you wish to use, BLUFOR sniper, Independent sniper, OPFOR sniper or one of the civilians) and open it with texview to save it as a .tga. Then you open the .tga with a texture editing program like Photoshop or an equivalent and desaturate the picture. This will give you a picture of the outlines of the bush hat without the camouflage pattern interfering. You may wish to play around with contrast and lightness settings to suit your taste, then save it as a separate template file. Now double the layer several times and then proceed to use the eraser to isolate the constituent separate parts of the hat in different layers. You can give the layers meaningful names as a memory aid. Once you have this finished this file can serve as a template. Remember to save a backup of the file somewhere else on a hard drive or burn it on a backup CD, it might come in handy to have the original template file when you may erroneously flatten a texture later on. Now that you have a template with the stitching template you can then copy a texture with a camouflage pattern on top of each layer, then select the shape of the layer below and cut it out from that layer of the camouflage pattern on top. You can then vary the opacity settings of the camouflage layer to get the look you want (for example to get the texture to resemble a washed and bleached old hat or a fresh and richly saturated newly issued one).

I hope the explanation above is intelligible enough and hope to see some of your work soon. Good luck with your texturing.

Regards,

Sander

Thanks for the tips, Sander - I've been helped by one of the greats! You LLW guys make some cool stuff!

I'll give that a go smile_o.gif

Stew

Ta for taking the time to write that, Sander - that helps me too.

And I had to laugh where you mentioned backup copies - the number of times I've accidentally saved flattened stuff as PSDs, then almost committed seppuku... at least I learnt my lesson. :P

I agree,

thanks for that Sander. I certainly wouldn't have thought of that.

So, will be seeing something from you stewy smile_o.gif

I agree,

thanks for that Sander. I certainly wouldn't have thought of that.

So, will be seeing something from you stewy smile_o.gif

Ha, Ha, trying mate - trying very hard - but am still very much a noob that's just playing with other people's textures (with permission naturally smile_o.gif )

Will keep you posted wink_o.gif

Stew