Sign in to follow this  
masamune

Flickering night vision

I used to have that problem also until someone suggested I check my video settings in-game. It was either anisotropic filtering or anti-aliasing (sorry can't remember which one fixed it). I had it set on LOW and this caused problems.

If I recall correctly you have to switch to ADVANCED in Arma's video settings to see it.

Well looks like you found a new effect ( NV damage ) or you could simply try to change the batteries? biggrin_o.gif

Well i have problems with the NV too but not that strange like you.

Mine only gets too dark from time to time.

Thanks for the tip with the anti-aliasing i will try if this helps me too.

I used to have that problem also until someone suggested I check my video settings in-game. It was either anisotropic filtering or anti-aliasing (sorry can't remember which one fixed it). I had it set on LOW and this caused problems.

If I recall correctly you have to switch to ADVANCED in Arma's video settings to see it.

i put both to very high and still no solution.... Ive also noticed ive only had this issue since i Updated to 1.08

HOLY!!!!! ok guys... i was playing around with my settings and i got my NVGS to work.... but while doing so i had the barrett out and i was shooting at a guy at about 2340 Meters..... I actually hit him, At night, with NVGS on...... Sadly fraps was off but it took my about 75 rounds to hit him....

Well anyways thanks for the help guys... It seems to be working

Well i have problems with the NV too but not that strange like you.

Mine only gets too dark from time to time.

Ya, that is the clamping down we all get when looking at a bright object like the autogain of a video camera.