Sign in to follow this  
WARFIGHTER989

Did arma one have versus mode?

This should have been posted in the ArmA forum... seeing as it really is not ArmA2 related

Anyway, ArmA's multiplayer is very open... you can do pretty much anything you want with it. If you want to make a human vs human mission you can... if you want to make human vs NPC you can. Im not exactlly sure what missions the game comes with, sicne I either make or download missions I play... but I do believe there was default capture the flag missions which are PVP.

Well if i remember correctly, according to other topics and from official videos in czech which got translated to english, i read that you can play the campaign(s) together with up to 2 or 3 friends or mates toegther.

And yes this is a really nice feature! I always wanted this in the OFP days...

Regards, Christian

Well if i remember correctly, according to other topics and from official videos in czech which got translated to english, i read that you can play the campaign(s) together with up to 2 or 3 friends or mates toegther.

Regards, Christian

In which game? That's not possible in ArmA.

Its most certainly POSSIBLE, it just wasnt included in the campaigns that ship out of the box.

Edit: Also, ArmA doesnt HAVE ANY modes, the "game mode" is "set" by the mission designer. (i.e. you want co-op, you design the mission to suit co-op, you want "pvp" you design it so)

Edit: Also, ArmA doesnt HAVE ANY modes, the "game mode" is "set" by the mission designer. (i.e. you want co-op, you design the mission to suit co-op, you want "pvp" you design it so)

This is something I hope is changed because without it Arma seems disorganized.

This is something I hope is changed because without it Arma seems disorganized.

Why? It worked fine for the 6 years OFP was running... I dont see what has changed for ArmA aside from the mission makers and those who play them.

Its not a problem BI should be concerned with. (Why destroy the free-form nature of the game because a few people cant handle the fact its controlled by the mission designer, not the engine?)

Regards, Christian

In ARMA2 - where else?

We're writing here in "ARMA2 - GENERAL" so i assume the question was about ARMA2

Regards, Christian

Regards, Christian

This was proposed but never actually delivered (likely due to technical issues). I certainly would like to see it.

About game modes being set by the mission designer: Perhaps a bit disorganized, but I MUCH prefer arma to other engines as arma's game logic is stored in the map, not in the game's codebase itself. This means you can add or change new game modes without modding the game. This is a huge advantage arma has over other games which have one or two game modes hardcoded in. This makes new types of game much easier to create and distribute in arma, and as such the game types can get quite creative.

That said, arma 2 needs some solid out of the box game modes which can be played right away... I don't want to wait another year for the mission designers to come out with good modes for arma 2...

I recall reading that arma 2 would have a coop campaign which saved progress between sessions, and also a "capture the island" mode much closer to the OFP CTI map. Here's hoping...

Regards, Christian

In ARMA2 - where else?

Seeing as its already POSSIBLE in ArmA, I dont see where the problem is?

Its most certainly POSSIBLE, it just wasnt included in the campaigns that ship out of the box.

No, Deadmeat, what he is talking about is not what you are talking about. You can have a MP campaign made of different separate missions named with the same prefix and chosen in whatever play order the server is set for, but it's not possible to have a MP campaign like the single player campaign. You don't have the campaign map with the mission choices, you don't have the option to do one mission before or even instead of another. What he's talking about is not possible- you can't have a campaign for multiple people that plays like the single player campaign, full stop.