Sign in to follow this  
Lauri23

Ammunition dump

Its the mission where you have to patrol all night, until the truck comes. I patrolled 2h and killed 2 enemys that entered and 1 outside of the base on the left side. When will that damn truck come? I also tied with 4x speed just sitting and didnt do anything. At 6 a clock, car still didnt came.

well, mission ends when all 4 (!wink_o.gif enemies are down

My advice. Climb up to the top of the tower inside the base. Wait there, you'll be able to see the enemies coming a mile away (2 from the forest, 2 from the town, if my memory serves me correct).

They have silenced Makarovs, so they can't hit you from the ground, and it turns the whole mission into a 10-minute turkey shoot.

and, if you want better weaponds for yourself, just remember what you'r guarding pistols.gif

there is a bug where the AI may not actually engage each other - this exact scenario happened when i played it. i first went into the ammo cache, took the sniper varient of the m16 (can't remember the exact name of it) and climbed the tower. shot two guys coming from the forest on the hillside, one coming from town, and one behind me... and then i waited. checked all 4 bodies again. most had 1 or two US troops standing around them, since i spotted the enemy troops before opening fire. got bored, so i finally got fed up and checked the bodies myself. as it turns out, the one approaching from the town wasn't dead - i'd apparently wounded him in the leg, and since he was prone i assumed it was a kill. anyway, the screwed up bit was that the was a US guard standing ON TOP of the guy, and both had their sidearms drawn, aiming at each other. they must of been doing this for at least a good ten minutes before i came over and intervened. once i killed the guy, the mission finished.

moral of the story: go seaching. you can't rely on the AI to do their job!

yeah searching around does the job! I just ran around in circles like a crazy dog and shot them all 4 down. easy as pie though made my nerves tense biggrin_o.gif one of the better missions in the arma campaign.

In this mission there should be deadline, if you manage to guard ammo dumps until morning and ammo dumps are intact then mission should end. I had this AI bug also, first when I played this mission I nailed only three enemies and one enemy was probably fleeing in fear or just hiding in the bushes and never attacked to ammo dumps, so I waited and waited until 10 am, still no trucks and no mission ending. Then I restarted mission and immediatly climbed top of the tower and now all enemies were attacking and I managed to nail all of them, so mission was ending. First I tought this was very realistic guard duty, as tedious as I remembered when I was in the army, but it was just poor mission scripting or AI weakness confused_o.gif

actually there are 5 enemies...

1 hides in north side of road

2 hide in forest

2 hide in town

after all five enemies died, mission ends