Sign in to follow this  
iceman77

Hint Format...

I have a CTF map that has an "out of bounds"...I have  trigger placed...

Activation : Blufor , repeatadly

Condition : this

OnAct: hint format [" %1 is going out of bounds",player]

The problem is that when ever ANY Blufor goes out of bounds..instead of saying that "Joe Smo is going out of bounds"  it says  "Texas is going out of bounds"....(my name)...when clearly im not..How do i fix this??.. banghead.gif

hint format [" %1 is going out of bounds",player]

Try replacing it with:

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{hint format["%1 is going out of bounds",_x]} foreach thislist

This works great!!...You are all over the forums with your help..GREAT JOB! only one question...why does it say Remote??

A-1-1 Joe Smo REMOTE is heading out of bounds.... huh.gif

anyways , it's no big deal ..it works fine..

only one question...why does it say Remote??

A-1-1 Joe Smo REMOTE is heading out of bounds.... huh.gif

Using the name function will resolve this: <table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">{hint format["%1 is going out of bounds", name _x]} foreach thislist

Just to note: it was wrong because YOU are the player in your computer, aren't you.

I will try this Hitman...thanks  wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Just to note: it was wrong because YOU are the player in your computer, aren't you.

Baddo..I have no idea what your saying...Could you please elaberate further?

Baddo..I have no idea what your saying...Could you please elaberate further?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">hint format [" %1 is going out of bounds",player]

Baddo is saying that it always showed yourself as "out of bounds" because the "player" always means the player that you control. So, that bit of code, when executed on your computer, referred to you, but on someone else's machine, it referred to them, because player actually points to the entity the player is controlling on the machine that the command is executed.

If players Kirk, Bones and Scotty joined a server with the original line of code, and Bones went out of bounds this is what would happen on each computer:

Bones' PC:

"Bones is going out of bounds"

Kirk's PC:

"Kirk is going out of bounds"

Scotty's PC:

"Scotty is going out of bounds"

Hope I've made it a tiny bit clear.